Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
3 of each.

I'm thinking 3 hooks and 2 clevis mounts on FEL and 1 clevis mount on the ballast box.

Your opinions please....I have a 1026 with a D120 FEL....

·
Registered
489 Posts
3 of each.

I'm thinking 3 hooks and 2 clevis mounts on FEL and 1 clevis mount on the ballast box.

bronco,

That sounds like over-kill to me. I have 2 hooks on the bucket. The clevis on the ballast box sounds like an interesting idea.

·
Premium Member
792 Posts
bronco,

That sounds like over-kill to me. I have 2 hooks on the bucket. The clevis on the ballast box sounds like an interesting idea.
Better more than less! Probably don't NEED that many, but you will find tons of use for them:thumbup1gif: Clevis on the ballast box is interesting, what are you planning to do with it? Use it like a skidder for logs?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I studied a few pics of guys that have grab hooks and clevis mounts, and I'll be pulling stuff(logs and old un-barried stumps) out of the woods in the back of my property and lifting lots of different size/shape objects using chains and straps, so more hooks/clevis gives me more options.....I'm new at this, give me a break:laugh: and thx for your opinions, they matter a lot....

·
Premium Member
3,565 Posts
I have 3 hooks on my 400cx bucket and I mostly use the outside two as others have said, but the middle one is nice for smaller single chain stuff. I think you are on the right track.

I too am interested in what your plans are for the ballast box. I wonder if its strong enough without reinforcement to pull with? I have seen some cut holes and add a Reese Hitch, but they added a lot of metal.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

·
Administrator
17,088 Posts
Tough Call...

But since your in Canada, you should make sure you get everything you might need/want so you only have to pay the costly flat rate shipping once. I can fit up to 20 pounds of stuff in there!:lol:

As far as pulling from the BB, that is not a great idea because it will be so high, whenever possible it's best to pull from the drawbar since its is so low. But, options are always good!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ordered 3 of each, so I'll probably put 3 hooks and 2 clevis on FEL, and 1 clevis somewhere in the back.....still thinking about everything....thx for the comments and advice.

I'll be putting pics up when I get r done....

·
Registered
53 Posts
I installed 3 of Ken's hooks & 2 clevis blocks on my FEL 61" bucket and love it, they have made many chores a lot easier, when I build my smaller digging bucket with a thumb & tooth bar, I will install a complete set on it too.:good2:

Attachments

·
Administrator
17,088 Posts
I installed 3 of Ken's hooks & 2 clevis blocks on my FEL 61" bucket and love it, they have made many chores a lot easier, when I build my smaller digging bucket with a thumb & tooth bar, I will install a complete set on it too.:good2:
Cool picture (with the stump)! I just saved it:lol:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
cool pics, it's either going to be like yours or the clevises mounted as a back plate in the top of the bucket. My FEL is smaller than yours....

·
Administrator
17,088 Posts
They should be there shortly...:good2:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
they're through customs, I'll probably see them next Wednesday because Monday is a holiday here....Bought my paint, got my chains and clevises, so I'm ready for them....

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Received them. They are sweet..... Going to get them painted and installed and will post pics once I'm done....

·
Administrator
17,088 Posts
Thanks for the update :drinks:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hooks and Clevis eyes

3 of each.

I just added hooks and clevis eyes to my H120 FEL. I put the hooks on top and the eyes under the top rim of the bucket on the same grade 8 mounting bolts. Each works as a backup plate for the other. Seems to work well for my applications.

Jeb

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
35,696 Posts
I just added hooks and clevis eyes to my H120 FEL. I put the hooks on top and the eyes under the top rim of the bucket on the same grade 8 mounting bolts. Each works as a backup plate for the other. Seems to work well for my applications.

Jeb
And welcome to GTT.

·
Administrator
17,088 Posts

Jeb
Welcome to GTT Jeb.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts