Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We recently purchased our retirement home and with a 650 foot driveway I need something to move snow when winter comes. My plowing with my truck days are over and I've been wanting a 1025R for some time. With 4+ acres there's plenty I can do with the loader and backhoe as well. I ordered it with the R4 tires, a Curtis Premium cab with heat, I had them put a 12" bucket on the backhoe (instead of the 8"), a 55 amp alternator, a block heater kit, the 54" quick-connect snow thrower with the additional option that will allow me to control the pitch of the end of the snow chute from inside the cab.

Looking forward to getting my new toy in a couple of weeks and promise to post pics when she arrives. :greentractorride::gizmo:

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
GREEN with envy !!!! Can't wait to see pics and help you keep your wallet light enough to carry . lol :munch:

·
Premium Member
1,122 Posts
We recently purchased our retirement home and with a 650 foot driveway I need something to move snow when winter comes. My plowing with my truck days are over and I've been wanting a 1025R for some time. With 4+ acres there's plenty I can do with the loader and backhoe as well. I ordered it with the R4 tires, a Curtis Premium cab with heat, I had them put a 12" bucket on the backhoe (instead of the 8"), a 55 amp alternator, a block heater kit, the 54" quick-connect snow thrower with the additional option that will allow me to control the pitch of the end of the snow chute from inside the cab.

Looking forward to getting my new toy in a couple of weeks and promise to post pics when she arrives. :greentractorride::gizmo:
Welcome, I recently retired too and have similar property size and just about the same setup minus the cab and the higher Amperage alternator. Your going to really enjoy operating that machine, I love having mine. I also thoroughly enjoyed adding a quick hitch and implements. In addition, there is great aftermarket stuff you can add , kens bolt on hooks, back hoe steps and diff lock pedal. Artillian blinders for your lights. Bxpanded bucket teeth, back hoe thumb and dolly etc.

There are a lot of great vendors that support this forum and back up thier products. In addition, the forum is like an interactive JD tech manual mixed with great advice, humor and friends.

Good luck and welcome aboard,
Don

·
Registered
527 Posts
You are going to have a blast. I can imagine you out in that New England snow clearing out snow in your whole neighborhood!! :laugh:

You did up nice right out the gate. :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
2,758 Posts
Congrats on your retirement. I have 15 months yet. You built a nice tractor package. You will get a lot of use out of it. :good2:

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Sounds like you will have all your needs covered with that setup. Look forward to seeing the pictures when it arrives:good2:

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,269 Posts
:wgtt:

·
Registered
4,489 Posts
:bigthumb:

Great choice. Good luck with it!

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Congrats Shortstuff! Sounds like you are looking forward to being retired and having a new toy to occupy your time!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts