Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So first off, let me say that I spent a great deal of time looking at box blades and land rakes from more manufacturers than I had imagined existed. I didn't want to buy used unless it was in close to perfect condition, I've tired of buying other people's problem stuff.
Frontier
Tennessee River Implements
Land Pride
Hawser
King Kutter
Everything Attachments
Bush Hog
Sundowner
Woods
and more.....

I had some criteria for what I wanted:
1) I wanted to buy both items together to leverage a better deal, including the shipping.
2) I wanted two pieces that will work satisfactorily on my 1026R with the limited Cat 1 3PH
3) I wanted good quality products that would last.
4) I wanted guage wheels on the Land Rake.
5) I wanted clevis type lower links on the box blade rather than pin type.
4) I wanted them in JD green, just because I do, but it wouldn't be a good deal killer if I couldn't.
5) I wanted a good price, but based on the above quality factors first.

So it came down to Tenessee River Implements (TRI) and the Frontier LR5060L and BB5060L.

TRI gave me a great price, including shipping, a price NO ONE could touch, but they couldn't provide the guage wheels on the LR or the clevis link on the box blade.
I got a few quotes on the Frontier items, including my dealer I got the 1026R from, but no one, and I mean no one could get within $200 of the price I got from Shane at Mutton Power. Shane was helpful from the start, knew the equipment, understood my needs, and made it all happen. He even asked if the quote he had given me on the 1026R was too high! Of course it wasn't, but I thought at the time that buying local for service was more important than the better price. Now I'm not so certain I made the right decision there.

So I am about to be the owner of a Frontier LR5060L with guage wheels and a Frontier BB5060L from Mutton Power.

I will post pics when everything comes in in about 2 weeks or so.

Reactions: Big Gus

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,841 Posts
I will post pics when everything comes in in about 2 weeks or so.
:munch:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Can't wait to see the goods...will be waiting for pics!

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
So I got the call today from the shipper that my Rake and Blade were being delivered today, took a half day from work, they called and the guy showed up with a 28ft box truck and I was waiting at the end of the driveway. I used the fork lift to take it down off his truck, that was pretty hairy as the shipping weight was 600lbs including 2 42lb suitcase weights. I was able to lift it clear, but once off the truck it started to sag some, but I got it safely to the ground and was then able to lift it a few inches to drive up the drive way to the garage with the load.

Once I got everything unstrapped from the pallet, I took the rake out for a spin. I had a real hard time adjusting the guide wheels to the right height, mostly because I couldn't raise the rake high enough for the wheel bar to slide off. Eventually I tightened up the twist on the upper link which raised it enough to allow them to come off. They provide 4x1" tall sleeves that can be used above the upright on the wheel, or between the upright and the wheel itself. I found that 3 of these "spacers" between the wheel and the upright allowed to rake to pretty much skim the ground surface without digging in, which is exactly what I wanted to clear up yard debris from the winter. The rake worked wonders, and I am so glad I got the guide wheels.

Next out will be the box blade, stay tuned.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Nice pics of nice attachments. I trust that they will work well for you. Are you going to get a TnT now or do you already have one?

·
Registered
732 Posts
Once I got everything unstrapped from the pallet, I took the rake out for a spin. I had a real hard time adjusting the guide wheels to the right height, mostly because I couldn't raise the rake high enough for the wheel bar to slide off. Eventually I tightened up the twist on the upper link which raised it enough to allow them to come off.

Picked up the 48" 50 series rake last winter. I know what you are saying about adjusting the wheels. To solve this I always back up the rear wheels onto small hill (hanging out over the garage floor by the door works too). Gives you that extra inch you need to adjust.

·
Premium Member
2,903 Posts
Nice, :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice pics of nice attachments. I trust that they will work well for you. Are you going to get a TnT now or do you already have one?
TnT? it's morning, and I'm still not thinking quick....help me out?

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Picked up the 48" 50 series rake last winter. I know what you are saying about adjusting the wheels. To solve this I always back up the rear wheels onto small hill (hanging out over the garage floor by the door works too). Gives you that extra inch you need to adjust.
Once I figured out how the guage wheels worked, I was quite impressed with the simplicity of the process. I had been expecting the typical pin in the hole technique, but this is actually far better!

·
Administrator
20,894 Posts
TnT? it's morning, and I'm still not thinking quick....help me out?
He's talking about a hydraulic Top and Tilt kit for your 3PH.:good2:

IMG_2587.jpg

A lot of the abbreviations used on site here will automatically be underlined. If you mouse over them, their meaning will be displayed.:thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Jason, that is a hot setup. I'd very much like that, except the price.....LOL I think a grapple bucket would be more valuable for me at this point.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,841 Posts

View attachment 16144

A lot of the abbreviations used on site here will automatically be underlined. If you mouse over them, their meaning will be displayed.:thumbup1gif:
With that setup and with gauge wheels most if not all digging depth of a rake can be set from the seat, nice.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

View attachment 16144

Hey Jason, do you have a pic of that setup from the seat-side, so I could see the controls? That photo is like eye-candy and I keep coming back to it....maybe I DO need to have that with one of the diverters going forward for the grapple....

·
Administrator
18,318 Posts

·
Administrator
20,894 Posts
Yup. What he said. ^^^^ Kenny directed you to lots of eye candy. I know Brain at Fit Right Hydraulics is working on a few 1 series hydraulic packages from loader 3rd functions to additional rear SCVs.:thumbup1gif:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts