Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was my Saturday off at work. Grabbed a coffee at Sheetz and hit the trail. Ended up with this..2016 Buick Encore..33k miles. All the bells and whistles.. AWD. I'm planning on doing a lil traveling this year and wanted something nice but not break the bank.
So... What have you all bought on a whim?
IMG_20200517_175517077.jpg

Sent from my moto g(7) optimo (XT1952DL) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
751 Posts
Hopefully it doesnt have the oil burner 2.4l 4cylinder?
There's a class action suit against GM over those burning oil and causing excessive repairs.

·
Premium Member
8,788 Posts
So, the real question is do you drink regular coffee and what do you put in it? I doubt you are one of those "Non Fat, Lattee, DeCaf, Expresso, Supremo" kind of guys........I bet you are a "Coffee, Coffee" kind of guy..............

·
Premium Member
9,077 Posts
I'm planning on doing a lil traveling this year and wanted something nice but not break the bank.
Nice. Hopefully the silliness will end soon you will be able to make your trips.

I see you've already got plates for it.

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
3 scratch off lottery tickets for the wife yesterday. She won $310.00 on them. I buy them for myself and I am a guaranteed loser. I will take my cut and get a 30 pack for handling the transaction!
(y)

·
Registered
631 Posts
Trailer lights. Yeah I know, how many trailer clearance lights could you possibly need? Well lets just say I bought enough trailer lighting on-line yesterday to last me a lifetime. Good thing is they will take anything I decide I don't need back.
I really need to stay away from online shopping.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
I brought this home last October while my '69 GTO was on display at Summit Racing. Didn't really have the room for it so I had to buy a 4 post lift to fit them both in the garage. All bought on a whim! Oh well, like I told my kids, View attachment 739586 I'm spending your inheritance 🤣

Excellent choice!
I replaced a 92 Mitsubishi 3000 GT VR4 with this 08 Vette last summer.
I used to drive the mitsu all summer but this car is so clean I haven't had the heart to drive it in the rain...

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Jeff B, that is one sweet looking ride. What engine did you get with it? Details we need details!!

It's just a base model. Would have loved a Z06 or ZR1 but they go for twice the money and this was at the limit of my budget.
It has the LS3, 6.2 liter. 436 horsepower, six speed manual. It had 20600 miles on it when I bought it. One previous owner from New York state, clean carfax and service records.
Lot of ways to get big power from LS3 out there but it gets expensive.
I'm wishing I could do headers, little more cam ( comes stock with slightly rough idle from decent factory cam) and a better muffler system. Can't hardly hear the thing unless you really tromp on it.
Then of course it would need the computer "tuned" to maintain the correct fuel mixture with the air flow changes.
All that would likely set me back near $5000.
Be lucky to afford the mufflers by next year at the rate things are going.
Never wanted a Vette really. Just got tired of the Mitsu and its problems and went shopping one weekend for.
Turned out for me anyway that this is a way better car than I had given credit to.

·
Registered
631 Posts
A buddy had a 2016 Vette that was in the 455 hp range. Took me out for a run in that. Six hundred horse is nice to have but God, he scared the bejesus out of me with that 455. I could lose my license pretty quickly with either your car or his let alone one with the 600hp engines.

·
Premium Member
4,387 Posts
I didn't buy a car but I did buy license plate anti theft screws,, just in case!

·
Registered
206 Posts
I've bought many guns on a whim.

Here's my car buying purchase on a whim. Bought it in November. Wife was not at all happy when she found out.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts