Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Vendor
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Admins, please feel free to move this post if it isn't in the right area. As a new GTT sponsor, we are trying to become more active on the forum and help answer questions and provide parts leads.

When folks are choosing a place to purchase OEM John Deere parts, what are the most important factors? Price? Availability? Shipping time? In stock? Promotions?

Please tell us!

We are open to providing the GTT users exclusive coupon codes to use on our site. If you are loyal to your local dealer we completely understand and we are very happy for you! But if there are some shortcomings from your local source, we'd love to hear how to improve your shopping experience.

We already offer a bunch of online coupons for users on our site at Get John Deere Parts Coupon Codes for your online orders as well as a Customer Rewards Program, but maybe we're missing something?!

Let us know what you'd like to see please!

John Deere Parts Online Superstore from Green Farm Parts

·
Premium Member
792 Posts
When I'm getting parts, it's because somethings broke down, and it seems something always breaks down at the most inconvenient times. I think I speak for most of us when I say that the most important factor in getting parts is not price, but the speed at which we get them. Obviously not going to pay crazy amounts more for a day sooner, but a couple bucks more for a week less down time is huge in my opinion. It seems that getting parts through a dealer is the fastest way to get them, but if I'm not in a rush and it's something that can wait, I do appreciate the simplicity of it being shipped to my door like you guys offer.

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
I like to buy "kits" online. Oil change kits to me at a great deal are hard to pass up. I can plan that out and not have to stop at the dealer.

·
Vendor
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When I'm getting parts, it's because somethings broke down, and it seems something always breaks down at the most inconvenient times. I think I speak for most of us when I say that the most important factor in getting parts is not price, but the speed at which we get them. Obviously not going to pay crazy amounts more for a day sooner, but a couple bucks more for a week less down time is huge in my opinion. It seems that getting parts through a dealer is the fastest way to get them, but if I'm not in a rush and it's something that can wait, I do appreciate the simplicity of it being shipped to my door like you guys offer.
Completely understand that! I can tell you that since you are in Michigan you are generally a 2 day UPS delivery from us. If there is something you need, we get parts stock from Deere Monday through Saturday, so we're always getting a daily stock delivery. Even if something isn't in stock, 4 days should be the most you would have to wait. If there is something you "gotta have" quick, I encourage folks to call us!

Thanks for the feedback!

John Deere Parts Online Superstore from Green Farm Parts

·
Vendor
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I like to buy "kits" online. Oil change kits to me at a great deal are hard to pass up. I can plan that out and not have to stop at the dealer.
Great info too! Thanks, Brian. Again - 1 to 2 day delivery generally to Michigan from us. While the maintenance kits don't qualify for free shipping due to the oil in them, you can always find a way to save a few bucks on our coupon site - Get John Deere Parts Coupon Codes for your online orders PLUS there is no sales tax for you. We only charge state sales tax for Indiana, Ohio and Kentucky since we have brick and mortar stores there!

John Deere Home Maintenance Kits l John Deere Tune Up Kits

·
Vendor
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
+1

I agree
Alaska AND Indiana? Well, Indiana is 1 day delivery. Alaska is a few more, but YES, we deliver there! We can ship UPS or USPS to save some $$$.

And THANK YOU for being a Lifetime NRA member!

Green Farm Parts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Alaska AND Indiana? Well, Indiana is 1 day delivery. Alaska is a few more, but YES, we deliver there! We can ship UPS or USPS to save some $$$.

And THANK YOU for being a Lifetime NRA member!

Green Farm Parts
Thanks. My tractor is in Indiana and I work out of Alaska.

My wife and I have a small coffee roasting business and a small house on a 2 acre "ranch" in Indiana.

Thanks for supporting this site.

·
Registered
411 Posts
When folks are choosing a place to purchase OEM John Deere parts, what are the most important factors? Price? Availability? Shipping time? In stock? Promotions?

Please tell us!
Probably the most important thing is being able to figure out how to order what I want. The dealers need more resources often times than is available to a normal person and the internet parts sheets. I will give a few examples from the last year. They also need to know when to say you have to get that through sales not parts.

5410 rod with right hand and left hand threads for lift link that is adjustable. I want the shorter one can't figure it out. I have procured this item but they figured it out wrong and then next day special delivered it to me. Can get a bit frustrating when they get the same one I already have, the lengths are in the manual, I specified the length I have and want. The frustrating thing I guess is they start to ask what tires I have hoping to say they got the right one.

Mx 10 pull type complete tail wheel assembly, another one, manual says three or four can be used not just two. I thought I found it once on my own but just stood there for quite a while and the guy couldn't find it and no I don't intend on ordering one little piece at a time. I guess once the spring got past 3 is enough of course price dependent.

5410 seat bottom cushion is a bit past prime. no cab there are two, one is like $80 and the other is over $200 and has wires coming out the bottom. I really like the later model seat on my 2006 5105 better but they can't say if or how hard that is to make work. Or even if I get the $80 one and mine has wires and that will work. I didn't think either was an exact match at the time but I do have wires. Have lots of gator and lawn mower seats in stock.

Think you guys could do much better?

Another thing that is important which is more deere related, I don't like getting seconds that they won't put on a new machine. Bought two rims for over $300 each of course ordered in and the welds had major splatter not cleaned off before paint. Nothing on the lot at all similar. Return policy might be something to consider. I don't know if it was a coincidence but they had me drive around back and the employee loaded them on.

It is tough to beat a local dealer but they aren't all that close. I am not sure how to get them to ship I guess they will, they did when I ordered a manual and when they goofed.

fran

·
Premium Member
1,074 Posts
I'll just say...............

.........that I appreciate a dealer/vendor/supporter, "Stepping-Up" to our GTT world, and offering assistance. (I know I book-marked the site) Hopefully we can all benefit............~Scotty (NRA Life-Member, also....:thumbup1gif:....)

·
Vendor
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Probably the most important thing is being able to figure out how to order what I want. The dealers need more resources often times than is available to a normal person and the internet parts sheets. I will give a few examples from the last year. They also need to know when to say you have to get that through sales not parts.

5410 rod with right hand and left hand threads for lift link that is adjustable. I want the shorter one can't figure it out. I have procured this item but they figured it out wrong and then next day special delivered it to me. Can get a bit frustrating when they get the same one I already have, the lengths are in the manual, I specified the length I have and want. The frustrating thing I guess is they start to ask what tires I have hoping to say they got the right one.

Mx 10 pull type complete tail wheel assembly, another one, manual says three or four can be used not just two. I thought I found it once on my own but just stood there for quite a while and the guy couldn't find it and no I don't intend on ordering one little piece at a time. I guess once the spring got past 3 is enough of course price dependent.

5410 seat bottom cushion is a bit past prime. no cab there are two, one is like $80 and the other is over $200 and has wires coming out the bottom. I really like the later model seat on my 2006 5105 better but they can't say if or how hard that is to make work. Or even if I get the $80 one and mine has wires and that will work. I didn't think either was an exact match at the time but I do have wires. Have lots of gator and lawn mower seats in stock.

Another thing that is important which is more deere related, I don't like getting seconds that they won't put on a new machine. Bought two rims for over $300 each of course ordered in and the welds had major splatter not cleaned off before paint. Nothing on the lot at all similar. Return policy might be something to consider. I don't know if it was a coincidence but they had me drive around back and the employee loaded them on.

It is tough to beat a local dealer but they aren't all that close. I am not sure how to get them to ship I guess they will, they did when I ordered a manual and when they goofed.

fran
Fran -

Great feedback! And we all too often hear similar concerns from folks around the county. I do believe we can do better!

Specifically, as far as the "seconds" go. ALL of our parts are new OEM John Deere parts directly from the factory. There have been a couple of parts we've received from the depot that have looked like......well, not great. If I wouldn't put something on my equipment, I wouldn't expect you to either. We'll send that part back to Deere and get a different one.

·
Registered
157 Posts
For me, it is overall costs. That includes part cost and shipping. I recently ordered over $2000 in parts from a competitor of yours. They were almost $100 cheaper on one part and shipping was free. Really? Almost $100 difference?

Jon

·
Vendor
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

fran
I'm sure we can do better than that! I sure don't understand why someone would sell you 'seconds'. We sell only new Deere parts. If a part comes from the depot all scratched up or damaged, it goes back to the depot. If I wouldn't personally use it, I don't expect you to either!

·
Vendor
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
For me, it is overall costs. That includes part cost and shipping. I recently ordered over $2000 in parts from a competitor of yours. They were almost $100 cheaper on one part and shipping was free. Really? Almost $100 difference?

Jon
I'll be the first to say that we can't be #1 all of the time, but we sure try. If you find something cheaper that is the exact part, let us know. We'll sure try to work with you. But we've found in most cases that we are the cheapest. Not always, but most of the time. We do some wheeling and dealing sometimes to get the sale.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Ok, go to google and search for bm23588. I will not list the sites, but review a couple of suppliers and you will find these prices. Trust me, there is some stiff competition.

$796.50
$960.90
$912.82

It is $100+ difference in the two lowest. I am glad vendors ask for feedback, and I just want to make you aware.

Jon

·
Vendor
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ok, go to google and search for bm23588. I will not list the sites, but review a couple of suppliers and you will find these prices. Trust me, there is some stiff competition.

$796.50
$960.90
$912.82

It is $100+ difference in the two lowest. I am glad vendors ask for feedback, and I just want to make you aware.

Jon
Absolutely! And we appreciate the feedback. I can tell that the dealer with the $796.50 price is new to the online parts game so they're likely A) trying to get business or 2) Have had this sitting around and want to dump it. Probably the latter. The wholegoods kit (which is what Deere calls the BM numbers) don't generally have much margin so I'm not surprised of the pricing difference on the wholegoods kits. I will say that most of the time we are right at the low end of the spectrum.

If there is a big price difference, give us a call. It may save you some serious $$$. And we'll tell you whether or not we can meet or beat a price. Also, there are 2 dealers selling aftermarket parts for some items (seats especially) and passing them off as OEM. Not cool. But, again they're much less expensive.

I guess I would close by saying get to know the people you're dealing with. Call them. Email them. Establish a rapport. We've had many horror stories about folks who go to XYZ dealer to order a part to be told it will take 10 days to get it. And John Deere showed 348 in stock. If someone doesn't want your business, you'll know it! We want to earn it. Thanks again.

·
Registered
157 Posts
It is not old stock, as it all came from directly from Deere.

Jon

·
Premium Member
9,067 Posts
I just took a quick look at your web site and I have a minor suggestion. The black on green text is difficult to read until you mouse over the text and it turns medium yellow, which is easy to read; therefore I suggest white on green text with the same medium yellow text on mouse over..

Reactions: GreenFarmParts

·
Vendor
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It is not old stock, as it all came from directly from Deere.

Jon
What I'm saying is the dealer could have had it in their stock for awhile. Any steel with dust on it is money. They could be selling it to move it out of inventory if its been there awhile.

·
Vendor
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I just took a quick look at your web site and I have a minor suggestion. The black on green text is difficult to read until you mouse over the text and it turns medium yellow, which is easy to read; therefore I suggest white on green text with the same medium yellow text on mouse over..
Great idea. We've made that change!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts