Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rebuilt my k46 transmission and things went well. I put it back together and now it has great power but when pushing on the pedals they are reversed. faster in reverse than forward. Have any ideas what I did incorrect?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Spitballing here, but can you reverse the hoses for the hydro fluid? Pedal Hookup?? The reverse being faster tells me the drive directions are reversed, as the tractors normally go slightly faster in forward.

·
Registered
7,967 Posts
There is a neutral adjustment which is part of the swash plate function on many of these machines. I am not sure what machine you have otherwise, I could give more details. Please update your I.D. with your tractor model number so we can give you specific information.

Also, how far did you get into the unit? Are we talking gaskets and seals or did you tear it all the way down to include valve bodies, etc?

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
I rebuilt my k46 transmission and things went well. I put it back together and now it has great power but when pushing on the pedals they are reversed. faster in reverse than forward. Have any ideas what I did incorrect?
I remember this exact thing being discussed on the TBN thread and possibly in the video walkthrough posted by LotsOfGreenGrass who did the first (that I know of) work to document and distribute his fix of the K46. Look thru his videos and the thread and you’ll find someone who did the same and the solutions you seek!

TuffTorq K46 Repair Guide with Pictures

Part 1 - K46 hydrostatic drive Removal - YouTube There are two parts of his videos.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts