Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I know several of you have expressed interest in how Katriel is handling her internship to China.

She has spent some time in the mud planting rice, and lots of time in the lab doing DNA and other fancy testing on rice.

She has some pretty interesting posts in her blog. Including a new update from today. I thought you might be interested.

Make Time For Seeds - Beginning My Journey to End Hunger

She was 18 yrs old when she left a few weeks ago. I think she may be about 28 when she returns in August!

Tim

Super Moderator
Tim,

I'm sure you're very proud of Katriel! :good2:

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
VERY COOL, Tim! You must be (and should be!) very proud!

Is this the same daughter that narrates your videos?
Mark,

Thanks for the kind words.
Yep, the same daughter. Our only child, actually.

Missing her from the video narration this summer! Maybe she can narrate one in Chinese when she gets back???

Tim

Administrator

Premium Member
I know several of you have expressed interest in how Katriel is handling her internship to China.

She has spent some time in the mud planting rice, and lots of time in the lab doing DNA and other fancy testing on rice.

She has some pretty interesting posts in her blog. Including a new update from today. I thought you might be interested.

She was 18 yrs old when she left a few weeks ago. I think she may be about 28 when she returns in August!

Tim
Thanks for posting the link to her blog... I see these kinds of things on TV, but this makes it more 'real'. Very mature young lady. Clearly a great job of parenting.

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for posting the link to her blog... I see these kinds of things on TV, but this makes it more 'real'. Very mature young lady. Clearly a great job of parenting.
Yes indeed. It is much more personal, especially through the eyes of a teenager. She will be 'free' to discuss many more 'interesting' things after she returns. So, stay tuned to the blog.

Not sure about the parenting, but it seems God has chosen her for something special. We'll all see (together) how it proceeds.

Tim

Registered

Tim
Thank you all for the kind comments. I'm enjoying my time here a lot and can't wait to share what I've learned. However, I miss making videos and can't wait to get back to YouTubing with my dad!

Hey, I want a title too!
Very fascinating stuff there! Always interesting to see what path our children will take.

Registered
You have a terrific young lady there, Tim. Katriel's enjoyable personality and the quick humor displayed in your videos is readily apparent in her blog ... she writes as well as she narrates. I truly enjoyed reading and am anxious for her next post.

As you mentioned, we're all missing her from your videos this summer. :) Not to take anything away from the fine work you produce, but Katriel's skills let your videos rise above the rest.

It must be an anxious time for you and your wife, having your loved one half a world away. Her faith will keep her safe.

Registered
As great of a time as you're having over in China, Katriel, I'm sure you'll be happy to be back home. But this is an experience that you'll remember for the rest of your life. And to top it off - it looks like you're doing some useful research as well.

You're super fortunate in a number of ways. You have parents that raised such a fine young lady. They're allowing you to explore the world and learn everything you can - from rice to tractors. (Be sure to learn how to say "John Deere" in Chinese! :laugh:) And, you're fortunate to be at Purdue. That's a great school that will open a huge number of doors for you. My daughter and I explored Purdue. She was accepted but, being from out of state, we couldn't make it work financially. I'm sure you'll take advantage of all that's offered to you.

Stay safe and have fun!!

Registered
As great of a time as you're having over in China, Katriel, I'm sure you'll be happy to be back home. But this is an experience that you'll remember for the rest of your life. And to top it off - it looks like you're doing some useful research as well.

You're super fortunate in a number of ways. You have parents that raised such a fine young lady. They're allowing you to explore the world and learn everything you can - from rice to tractors. (Be sure to learn how to say "John Deere" in Chinese! :laugh:) And, you're fortunate to be at Purdue. That's a great school that will open a huge number of doors for you. My daughter and I explored Purdue. She was accepted but, being from out of state, we couldn't make it work financially. I'm sure you'll take advantage of all that's offered to you.

Stay safe and have fun!!
I have about three more weeks here, but I will be glad to be back home. I miss my parents! God has blessed me in so many ways, like you said. I'm just following where he leads me!

John Deere isn't exactly a common Chinese word, but "tractor" is 鎷栨媺鏈 锛坧ronounced "too la gee") and the equivalent of "John" is 绾︾堪 (pronounced "you eh han") and "deer" is 楣 (pronounced "Lu") so I suppose "John Deere" could be 绾︾堪楣匡紒

Best wishes for you and your daughter,
Katriel

Hey, I want a title too!
I have about three more weeks here, but I will be glad to be back home. I miss my parents! God has blessed me in so many ways, like you said. I'm just following where he leads me!

John Deere isn't exactly a common Chinese word, but "tractor" is 鎷栨媺鏈 锛坧ronounced "too la gee") and the equivalent of "John" is 绾︾堪 (pronounced "you eh han") and "deer" is 楣 (pronounced "Lu") so I suppose "John Deere" could be 绾︾堪楣匡紒

Best wishes for you and your daughter,
Katriel
If you do this, you cannot go wrong!
My oldest is only 2 years older than you, and like you she's spent lots of time praying about her path post college. To early for me to share her direction, but like you she is following where she is lead.

Registered
I think it would be thoughtful of you to bring your dad home a couple packs of pickled chicken feet and a bag of squid flavored Lays potato chips.
He would probably then want that meal videoed as well with your narration. :laugh:

Stay safe.
You are surely experiencing something you will never forget.

Registered
Discussion Starter #16
I think it would be thoughtful of you to bring your dad home a couple packs of pickled chicken feet and a bag of squid flavored Lays potato chips.
He would probably then want that meal videoed as well with your narration. :laugh:

Stay safe.
You are surely experiencing something you will never forget.
Blue,

I think I'll invite you over for the pickled chicken feet. You might as well enjoy it with us.

BTW, Katriel posted a new blog entry about 'squatty potties' . Same link as above. Pretty funny.

Tim

Registered
Blue,

I think I'll invite you over for the pickled chicken feet. You might as well enjoy it with us.

BTW, Katriel posted a new blog entry about 'squatty potties' . Same link as above. Pretty funny.

Tim
Lol
Believe it or not I ate quite a few chicken feet when I was a lad.
My Aunt Peg would kill about 15 chickens every year. My mom and aunt Rosie would scald them and we would pluck feathers.
They would always simmer the feet and make broth.
The feet tasted like semi solid chicken broth.:laugh:

Premium Member
I read the entire blog this morning, great stuff, we need more Kartiel's in this world!!!!

Registered
Lol
Believe it or not I ate quite a few chicken feet when I was a lad.
My Aunt Peg would kill about 15 chickens every year. My mom and aunt Rosie would scald them and we would pluck feathers.
They would always simmer the feet and make broth.
The feet tasted like semi solid chicken broth.:laugh:
The chicken feet here are either raw or vacuum packed with spices. Either way, I'm not a huge fan, but it's always good to try new things!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts