Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kenny,
Do you have a list of what, if any shows you attend with stuff for sale etc. I travel for work and generally find it easier to buy stuff in person than have it delivered home where it may sit for 3-4 days before someone realizes it is on the front porch.

William

·
Administrator
18,543 Posts
William,
We have only ever sold products at the Empire Farm Days show in upstate New York, that was this past August, and we will be returning next year. Doing shows like that is a logistical nightmare, and a money looser when you factor in all the expenses, we are not looking to do any more than this.

Empire Farm Days - All the Excitement of Northeast Ag in Just One Place!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fair enough

Although, I was thinking more low key, I grew up in So Md - Calvert County and I know St Mary's and Charles both do tractor pull and events like that. Wasn't sure if you tried anything along those lines. Still quite a bit of farming in those areas, completely different part of MD, as you probably know.

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Kenny,
Do you have a list of what, if any shows you attend with stuff for sale etc. I travel for work and generally find it easier to buy stuff in person than have it delivered home where it may sit for 3-4 days before someone realizes it is on the front porch.

William
Kenny is a great guy and easy to work with. He ships using USPS Priority Mail, so there's generally a pretty good idea of how long it takes to get from Point-A to Point-B. When you order, if you just indicated "Please ship so it's delivered on Monday or Tuesday", something tells me that Kenny will wait a day or so (from his normal shipping out the same day as it's ordered!) until he ships it so it's there when you're expecting it.

Plus, I think that Priority Mail also offers tracking, so you could watch the progress and know when the package is sitting on the porch.

I've bought stuff from Kenny. Top notch products from a top notch guy!! :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kenny is a great guy and easy to work with. He ships using USPS Priority Mail, so there's generally a pretty good idea of how long it takes to get from Point-A to Point-B. When you order, if you just indicated "Please ship so it's delivered on Monday or Tuesday", something tells me that Kenny will wait a day or so (from his normal shipping out the same day as it's ordered!) until he ships it so it's there when you're expecting it.

Plus, I think that Priority Mail also offers tracking, so you could watch the progress and know when the package is sitting on the porch.

I've bought stuff from Kenny. Top notch products from a top notch guy!! :thumbup1gif:
That sounds good in theory and I am quite sure Kenny would do that. My particular problem is take today for instance. I woke up to an email at 4am that says get to Madrid tomorrow. So I am sitting here on my way to the speedy clinic to get a urine test and physical for the clients requirements and I get on a plane tomorrow morning and may not be back for 6 weeks. All when I thought I had the next 3 weeks off.

You just can't plan for that no matter what you do, so I try and do as much stuff as I can face to face.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Ever thought about any of the following:

USPS mail hold-you can setup online at a moments notice from anywhere with internet access and have them deliver the accumulated mail-all 100% free.

PO Box-kind of the same but you pay for the security of the box and go get your mail.

Mail handling services from a 3rd party vendor- Setup an account with UPS/Fedex Store, etc., use their address as your shipping address and then pickup your mail from them upon your return.

:bigthumb:

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ever thought about any of the following:

USPS mail hold-you can setup online at a moments notice from anywhere with internet access and have them deliver the accumulated mail-all 100% free.

PO Box-kind of the same but you pay for the security of the box and go get your mail.

Mail handling services from a 3rd party vendor- Setup an account with UPS/Fedex Store, etc., use their address as your shipping address and then pickup your mail from them upon your return.

:bigthumb:
I have used most of those over the years, as well as my parents address who live across town. The problem is I may order something on Monday, expect it on Thursday and get a call Wednesday afternoon at 1pm and be on the 3pm flight out of town. Generally that doesn't leave you a lot of time to handle things. Plus, where I go, I get typically limited cell service and generally not even allowed to have electronic devices with me at all.

I have been dealing with this for many years, it is not a new phenomenon for me. I have neighbors etc

Doesn't change the fact that I would rather do stuff in person - honestly, if I knew he was going to be at XX show, I would jump on a plane, go to the show that day, buy my stuff and fly home that evening.

·
Administrator
18,543 Posts
Well if you travel to MD just come to the shop and pick up, then I don’t have to load up and haul a trailer load of stuff to a show, pay for space, hope like heck it doesn’t rain, then come home to unload and have to catch up on all the orders I couldnt get to since I was away :good2:

Win/Win for both of us :bigthumb:

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well if you travel to MD just come to the shop and pick up, then I don’t have to load up and haul a trailer load of stuff to a show, pay for space, hope like heck it doesn’t rain, then come home to unload and have to catch up on all the orders I couldnt get to since I was away :good2:

I do go to Calvert Cliffs in MD, as well as York, PA quite a bit and fly into BWI - so you aren't too far out of the way.
I was more likely to have a buddy get 2 one for him and me, then get them from him, but either way works, just have to find a time when i can expense it :)

·
Registered
4,399 Posts

Is there any truth to the rumor that the "Factory Pickup Option" includes you firing up your BGE and smoking some ribs for the customer? :thumbup1gif:

·
Administrator
18,543 Posts
Is there any truth to the rumor that the "Factory Pickup Option" includes you firing up your BGE and smoking some ribs for the customer? :thumbup1gif:
Maybe a bit of truth... :hide:

Sometimes thick rib-eyes or porterhouse's are on the menu though, that's why it's important to call ahead.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Sometimes thick rib-eyes or porterhouse's are on the menu though, that's why it's important to call ahead.
:lovetongue:

Reactions: Herminator

·
Premium Member
1,228 Posts
KENNYD said:
Sometimes thick rib-eyes or porterhouse's are on the menu though, that's why it's important to call ahead
I didn't get this benefit of picking up my items :hide: but he did invite me to his neighbors bon fire a few weeks ago where we had a few beers and lots of good food and live music and a good time i look forward to doing it again next year :bigthumb: and of course ken drove his :greentractorride: you will enjoy meeting Kenny he is a great guy just make sure you take him some good beer and cigars :hide:

Reactions: Kennyd and mark02tj

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Maybe a bit of truth... :hide:

Yum-Yum!! I might have to order another shirt just so I have an excuse to do the "Factory Pickup Option" and have a good meal!! I'd invite you to my place, but since I have less than a year under my belt using my BGE, you might be disappointed. Although Sweetie's son did ask me last night if I was smoking the turkey again this year!!

I didn't get this benefit of picking up my items :hide: but he did invite me to his neighbors bon fire a few weeks ago where we had a few beers and lots of good food and live music :bigthumb: and of course he drove his :greentractorride: you will enjoy meeting Kenny he is a great guy just make sure you take him some good beer and cigars :hide:
I did have the pleasure of meeting Kenny (along with his beautiful family!) at the Farm Equipment Show in Louisville back in February. You are right - he is a GREAT guy! Could have easily spent the entire afternoon hanging out and shooting the breeze!! Will have to keep in mind about the beer and cigars!! :good2:

By the way, I met Tractor Tim and Christy at the same show. More great folks!! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
5,901 Posts
Dang, that's a different job for sure

That sounds good in theory and I am quite sure Kenny would do that. My particular problem is take today for instance. I woke up to an email at 4am that says get to Madrid tomorrow. So I am sitting here on my way to the speedy clinic to get a urine test and physical for the clients requirements and I get on a plane tomorrow morning and may not be back for 6 weeks. All when I thought I had the next 3 weeks off.

You just can't plan for that no matter what you do, so I try and do as much stuff as I can face to face.
That's a long commute but I guess it pays the bills and potentially for KBOHs!

Treefarmer

Reactions: Kennyd
1 - 15 of 15 Posts