Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you have noticed that the screen in front of the radiator on a 1026R gets dirty about 10 times more often than a 2210 or 2305? I never had to clean the radiator screen on my 2210 or 2305 or for that matter my 455 except when mowing.

·
Registered
86 Posts
My 1026R came so late about the only thing I got to do with it was mulch leaves and that has to be about the dirtiest job out there and I have had no problem what-so-ever with plugging the radiator screen. As a matter of fact I was amazed at how well it stayed clean and cool!

Joe

·
Registered
0 Posts
My radiator screen is jammed in place.

I've cleaned the screen on my 1025R several times before, but now it is stuck in place. It moves about ½" but will not come out. Is there a secret place to push or pry to free it up? It's not real dirty so I don't think grass is keeping it from sliding out? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
I've cleaned the screen on my 1025R several times before, but now it is stuck in place. It moves about ½" but will not come out. Is there a secret place to push or pry to free it up? It's not real dirty so I don't think grass is keeping it from sliding out? Thanks.
when you do get it out , make sure its in the right way...Unless something like a stick is wedging it in, its probably in the wrong way.

To answer the OP I only had the 1026R and I clean the screen after mowing or clearing leaves a long with the front grill. Its a about a one minute job with my Air compressor.

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Hand held Stihl leaf blower cleans my screen and grill from inside the hood. I generally blow off the entire machine after doing the lawn including under the deck end spindle protectors. Amazing what can collect under there.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
2305 does the same thing.....in certain mowing conditions, just shut it off, bang front grill falls right off....

Reactions: Marlin
1 - 8 of 8 Posts