Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to thank Kenny for the chain shortener he made me. I had remarked to him how nice a chain shortener with the twist lock hooks would be. He made one up for me and had it to my house in about a week. How awesome is that. This is 5 links of high grade ⅜ grade 70 chain with two ⅜ twist lock grab hooks. Since this is a specialty item, I will not quote the price. I will say this, with the price of the hooks, it was an extremely fair deal for the hooks, chain, and his time. I have bought multiple hooks and straps from Ken, and I will continue to. Thanks so much, Ken. You run an incredible business. Truly top notch.

Attachments

·
Administrator
17,066 Posts
Thanks for the kind words Yank :good2:

·
Registered
11,644 Posts
I want to thank Kenny for the chain shortener he made me. I had remarked to him how nice a chain shortener with the twist lock hooks would be. He made one up for me and had it to my house in about a week. How awesome is that. This is 5 links of high grade ⅜ grade 70 chain with two ⅜ twist lock grab hooks. Since this is a specialty item, I will not quote the price. I will say this, with the price of the hooks, it was an extremely fair deal for the hooks, chain, and his time. I have bought multiple hooks and straps from Ken, and I will continue to. Thanks so much, Ken. You run an incredible business. Truly top notch.
Yank-:dunno:can u tell us or me-what ur plans are with this kind of a chain? just curious-ok. maybe i'll buy one then too:laugh::munch:

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have two twenty foot chains I work with. I use my tractor a ton to pull stumps, saplings, bushes, lift mower decks, and every other crazy thing that comes along. I wanted a way to have a chain shortener, for when I didn’t need twenty foot of chain, with Kenny’s twist lock hooks, so I wouldn’t have to get off the tractor every time it falls off before I get tension on the chain. Kenny’s regular chain shortener is two regular grab hooks on a loop. The loop is not big enough to put the twist lock hooks on it, and Kenny offered up this idea. If you try to lift things with your bucket hooks and a twenty foot chain, a chain shortener makes life easier.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know, coal. I was thinking the same thing. I am going to resort to getting two of Kenny’s straps in each size. Buy two straps every month or two til I have them all covered.:laugh:

·
Administrator
17,066 Posts
If only something like this for slings/straps.

I don’t use chains anymore even though I have a barn full of them.
You could use a ratchet strap, then you have one that's "adjustable"

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
That’s makes too much sense, Kenny. What fun is that?:dunno:
In all seriousness, I don’t like or trust lifting heavy weight with a ratchet mechanism. Don’t trust it. Had too many break that were rated for “heavy loads”.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
That’s makes too much sense, Kenny. What fun is that?:dunno:
In all seriousness, I don’t like or trust lifting heavy weight with a ratchet mechanism. Don’t trust it. Had too many break that were rated for “heavy loads”.
My thoughts exactly, I would be very hesitant to lift or pull with a ratchet style strap. They’re fine for static loads as they’re intended but there are better products to lift and pull with IMHO.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
35,654 Posts
This might have been asked already, but do you have plans to make that a "product", Kenny? Also, maybe in 5/16"? :good2:
Good idea. :thumbup1gif:

·
Administrator
17,066 Posts
This might have been asked already, but do you have plans to make that a "product", Kenny? Also, maybe in 5/16"? :good2:
No. We discussed this in the thread where I showed the video, I don’t feel like it would be a good seller because of the cost. As I stated there and in yet another thread that Yank asked about it, I can do it custom, or anyone can buy 2 of the TL hooks and use a few links of chain they may already have, or for the 5/16” size you could use one of our oblong rings between the two hooks.

I didn’t recommend the oblong ring idea to Yank because he wanted 3/8” TL hooks and the rings are 5/16” G7, they would be a weak link.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts