Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Good morning all!

I found this site while browsing for information on CUT units.

I just sold my 400 with tiller and deck,

just bought a 455 with 450 tiller, snowblower, 54" deck, grass cart and blower,

have a 750 with 67 FEL, 72" rotomatic rototiller and a cultivator,

have a 112 with a 8.5 Honda we affectionately refer to as Frankenmower or Hondenstein,

and a LX255 that until I got the 455 was doing all the mowing chores.

I likely will never use the snowblower, as I have a blade on the 3/4 Ford and much prefer heated leather seats and stereo to freezing the bearings. I have the contract to clear snow at the school and have just been offered the grass mowing contract, $35/hr and 10-12 hours with a 60" deck likely means I will have a much bigger mower soon. Maybe a 3pt behind the 750.

I own a Collection Agency in Canada, been in the game 27 years. I also have a small machine shop, with mig tig plasma, 10' 125 ton break and lathe, stomp shear and pan break. I sold the cnc mill and turret punch to free up room. I may show some projects if guys are doing that here.

Nice site, have been lurking but it's time to jump in the pool.

Ken

·
Premium Member
2,901 Posts
Hi Ken, welcome from another Albertan. :drinks:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Howdy Carvel. :bye:

Gray and ugly there too? All the way to +1 here today. (Lloydminster area)

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,789 Posts
Welcome to GTT KenL.

·
Administrator
18,287 Posts
:wgtt:

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
:hi::wgtt:

Welcome from the top of Maine!

·
Super Moderator
5,579 Posts
:gtfam:

·
Registered
4,474 Posts

Welcome from New York.

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
Welcome, from Texas!

:gtfam:

·
Premium Member
2,901 Posts
Howdy Carvel. :bye:

Gray and ugly there too? All the way to +1 here today. (Lloydminster area)
Actually warmed up to +12 C with blue skies today, very nice day in spite of the blast we all got a few days ago.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys, hi to all.

It was nice here today too, managed to relocate my little barn shed before I got called out on a 911 call, nasty stuff. :painkiller:

·
Administrator
20,852 Posts
The 455 is a pretty nice tractor. :greentractorride:

·
Registered
2,175 Posts

From CT

·
Premium Member
14,886 Posts
Welcome from West Virginia

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,789 Posts
if it had live PTO and power steering it would be perfect. WHAT were they thinking????
At one point JD offered an add on power/hydraulic steering unit for the 750. Actually you could order tractor with the unit or not, back when. Back in 1988 when I bought our 650 I told the dealer, real men don't need power steering, boy was that a mistake. Sort of forgot about getting older not to mention a 60" bucket full of dirt making steering a real PITA.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
At one point JD offered an add on power/hydraulic steering unit for the 750. Actually you could order tractor with the unit or not, back when. Back in 1988 when I bought our 650 I told the dealer, real men don't need power steering, boy was that a mistake. Sort of forgot about getting older not to mention a 60" bucket full of dirt making steering a real PITA.
Yes, I hear you there.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts