Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Received my hooks in today's mail.

I have been thinking that it would be a good idea for you to include the holes in the bucket with the hooks. I, for one, would even be willing to pay a very small fee. :laugh:

Good service and excellent workmanship, Kenny.

Thanks,
Don

Administrator
I thought the holes were in the box, free with every shipment.

Registered

I have been thinking that it would be a good idea for you to include the holes in the bucket with the hooks. I, for one, would even be willing to pay a very small fee. :laugh:

Thanks,
Don
I'm thinking about ordering a set as well. I'm kinda torn between the hooks and the clevis mounts. I don't think a set of each is necessary. Are they both capable of doing the same kind of tasks or is one more functional than the other?

I'm with Don with the included holes btw!

Administrator
Be careful what you guys ask for...you just might get it!

An old trick around work was to take all the "holes" from the hole puncher (paper) and push them into the defroster vent in your truck. When they turned it on it was like it was snowing in the cab! :lol:

Thanks a bunch Don, You aren't that far away so I could easily take a little MC trip up to help you if you can't handle it:laugh:

Administrator
I'm thinking about ordering a set as well. I'm kinda torn between the hooks and the clevis mounts. I don't think a set of each is necessary. Are they both capable of doing the same kind of tasks or is one more functional than the other?

I'm with Don with the included holes btw!
If I had to choose, I think the hooks are more useful-but I use chains a lot. If you prefer to use straps, slings or rope than the clevis mount are better suited for those.

Registered

Thanks,
Don
Be careful what you wish for....you may get more holes than you bargained for (at no extra charge of course)! :laugh:

NOTE: Mine came with just the right amount of holes.....Great hooks indeed!

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
I thought the holes were in the box, free with every shipment.
I was so excited to have the hooks, I completely overlooked the four holes in the bottom of the box.

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
Kenny:

They will be on very soon. I am thinking about painting them JD yellow. Why? Because everyone else paints them green.

I prefer the hooks, because being an old guy, I also tend to use chains. Although, it seems like the nylon straps would also work with grab hooks, if you had the correct size. I may have to check them out.

Thanks again for the good service.

Don

1 - 8 of 8 Posts