Green Tractor Talk banner

Does wearing your KBOH shirt result in people asking your opinion or for help in retailers?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

Premium Member
1025r with Mauser cab.
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You are proudly wearing your KBOH shirt while you are in a store and other customers approach you and ask you for your help either finding something, or they just seek your opinion on something they are considering?

The other day, I was in Home Depot picking up a new heavy duty Sump Pump (debris pump to handle "matter") and while I was selecting plumbing fittings, an older guy (older than me...) approached me and asked me where the "Check valves" were. Amazingly, there happened to be an actual HD employee walking past and the employee said "I don't work in this department, so I am not sure."

I told the customer,"Well, I would assume they are right near the sump pumps in the next aisle, but let's go take a look and see." I had just been there getting a new pump and hadn't noticed the check valves, but that seems like a logical place and sure enough, I was right. The guy asked me which check valve I would purchase and I showed him the valve and why I would buy it. The HD employee didn't follow us so it was just me and the customer. He was grateful took the valve and headed on his way. Hopefully he paid it before leaving the store ;) .

Another day, I am in the local True Value picking up furnace filters and a woman approached me and asked me "What kind of bolts or screws would you use for putting up a sign?" I asked her a few questions, found out they were attaching it to a tree, so over to the stainless 4" long deck screws with the Torx head we went. I made sure her husband had the torx bit (she called him as he was waiting in the car.....) and away she went.

The KBOH shirts just make one appear to have all of the answers, apparently. This has happened to me several times while wearing one of his shirts. On the other hand, I have a dozen of his shirts and often wear them when working outside, so I guess the odds are much greater.

When I am at my buddies Small engine shop, I often will jump in and wait on people or help people in the showroom when they are busy, which is nearly always. So there, people probably think I do work there as I am waiting on people and answering questions to help my friend and his daughter, who have been extremely busy this year........

Something about wearing the Kenny shirts make one more approachable and helpful. In many ways, its like it makes each of us "Little Kenny's" even though I would dwarf Kenny physically.......

Anyone else find themselves approached and asked for opinions or assistance in retailers where you are a customer as well when wearing your KBOH shirt?

Registered
I was in the "feed store" the other day and a guy came up to me and said, "Where do you keep your buckets"? I said,
"I keep mine at home, but I don't know where they are here". If I could have thought faster, I would have asked him a bunch of questions about what he was looking for, size, color and other crap and then take him to the counter.

Premium Member
I'm surprised Hollywood pat hasn't posted. I think he has 14 of them :ROFLMAO: JK Pat. He used to wear them in his videos. That is until we gave him a bunch of crap about it. More so out of jealousy than anything else....

Registered
Not wearing one of his shirts but for some reason people tend to ask me things in stores like HD and Lowes. At work where I just started, came out of retirement, a guy asked me if I was the new supervisor. Another guy at work said it was because I exude confidence, appear comfortable and carry myself well.

Chief Stick-picker-upper
People ask me questions all the time when I'm in a store. With my serious face and elderly looks, most folks think believe I'm a person who knows many things. (y) If I'd wear a KBOH shirt, they'd think I was the store owner, especially wearing a T-shirt with a pocket. :whistle:

Most of the times, I give folks the correct answer. If I don't know the answer, I make one up. How could they tell if it's true or not. They apparently don't know, because they're asking.

I don't wear KBOH shirts unless I'm going to get really dirty, direct traffic or take a stroll through the forest during Deer Season. ;)

Registered
I didn't know Kenny was giving shirts away. 馃ぃ 馃ぃ
I don't pay to advertise.

Reactions: Upset264

Premium Member
1025r with Mauser cab.
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Apparently, wearing one of KBOH's shirts makes one more handsome, approachable, and knowledgeable. This is my take away from this thread, and I don't own one of the shirts,

Brian
Handsome ........check
Approachable ..........check
Knowledgeable.........check
Highly Desirable........check

I didn't know Kenny was giving shirts away. 馃ぃ 馃ぃ
I don't pay to advertise.
At the incredible price for which he sells such a top quality shirt, he is practically giving them away.....;).

Premium Member
Tator
I'm surprised Hollywood pat hasn't posted. I think he has 14 of them :ROFLMAO: JK Pat. He used to wear them in his videos. That is until we gave him a bunch of crap about it. More so out of jealousy than anything else....
For the record, I stopped wearing them when we had our own shirts made. (y)

Also, note for Kenny, I'd prefer something other than hi-vis once in awhile. ;)

Premium Member
I have perfected the 鈥淟eave me alone I鈥檓 busy鈥 look that I learned growing up in NYS. I wear hi vis t shirts every day for work. Do not currently own one of Kenny鈥檚 since he was out of them when I purchased stuff from him.
I do have a Corona t shirt I got in Cabo that I wore to a burger joint a couple weeks ago

Registered
For the record, I stopped wearing them when we had our own shirts made. (y)

Also, note for Kenny, I'd prefer something other than hi-vis once in awhile. ;)
If your making your own shirts you know how cheap the hi-vis shirts are compared to any other color.

Trying to look respectable every day I haven鈥檛 invested much in my new rag pile.

People don鈥檛 ask me questions, I can maintain a reasonably annoyed look anytime I鈥檓 in a store without trying.

Premium Member
This is exactly how I talk to people in home improvement stores.

Registered
I've worn mine a few times now since I got it & I've just been waiting for someone to ask me. "Where did you get that cool cutoff t-shirt from." Sorry, had to hack sleeves off right away. Hint hint marketing gig. 馃槈

Registered
Who is this 'Kenny' they speak of?
I do not see his name in Green Magazine
I do not see him in Out Here magazine.
Does he have a public relations agent?
:D

Premium Member
1025r with Mauser cab.
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have perfected the 鈥淟eave me alone I鈥檓 busy鈥 look that I learned growing up in NYS. I wear hi vis t shirts every day for work. Do not currently own one of Kenny鈥檚 since he was out of them when I purchased stuff from him.
I do have a Corona t shirt I got in Cabo that I wore to a burger joint a couple weeks ago
A guy with a "Leave me alone" look on his face wearing a shirt advertising CORONA is likely to have people donning face masks and crowding the exits while fleeing..........What's next, a Shirt that says "Official CCP Executioner / Virus Development Chief"?? ;) :LOL:(y)

Premium Member
1025r with Mauser cab.
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Who is this 'Kenny' they speak of?
I do not see his name in Green Magazine
I do not see him in Out Here magazine.
Does he have a public relations agent?
:D
Who do you think would start a thread promoting both the Guy and his company, not to mention the shirts?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.