Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the hooks this past week. Put two coats of paint on them over three days. This morning I followed the enclosed instructions and mounted them. Are these "cool for school" or what? It's a must have item as far as I'm concerned :)

Attachments

·
Registered
82 Posts
I couldn't agree more. Ken is a nice guy with a terrific product. Picked mine up today and had them installed in an hour. I put two coats of JD green on and baked them in the oven for 30 mins. Hope my wife doesn't read this!

I love them on the bucket and can't wait to use them!

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
I couldn't agree more. Ken is a nice guy with a terrific product. Picked mine up today and had them installed in an hour. I put two coats of JD green on and baked them in the oven for 30 mins. Hope my wife doesn't read this!

Welcome to GTT Whito123. What temp did you bake them at?

·
Administrator
17,088 Posts
I got the hooks this past week. Put two coats of paint on them over three days. This morning I followed the enclosed instructions and mounted them. Are these "cool for school" or what? It's a must have item as far as I'm concerned :)
Thanks Barry, that is the best advertising I can get-from great customers like you:dance:

·
Administrator
17,088 Posts

:wgtt:

·
Super Moderator
7,882 Posts
Just a thought here but I wouldn't want to do any heavy offset pulling using bucket hooks. I think I'd be afraid of springing the loader frame. I had a JD 1070 a few years ago and reinforced the upper loader bucket edge using a length of 3/8" X 3" angle iron because I was moving lots of heavy rocks and stumps. I did bolt a heavy hook onto the upper bucket but centered it to distribute the load.

Frank

·
Registered
82 Posts
Welcome to GTT Whito123. What temp did you bake them at?
190 degrees. I don't like to spray them inside, so I sprayed them outside and then brought them in to bake them. I've done the same thing for a tv mount for my boat and it seems to help make a better finish. Plus it shortens the waiting time between wet paint and installation!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Used my hook yesterday to pluck up my 55 gallon barrel of Diesel and put in it cubby in the shed. Without the hooks I would have had to use my skid loader and fork to get the barrel in to this location it is a tight turn in a corner.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts

·
Administrator
17,088 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
I LOVE MINE!!!!

By far the best bang for the buck add-on I've done!

I don't think I could've done half of the hurricane clean-up I did last year without them. So much more useable than just the bucket.

Thinking about installing another set just for fun!

Tim

·
Registered
105 Posts
Ken's Hooks

I love my set also! :fed:

·
Registered
264 Posts
Me too!!!!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Here's a quick pic of one of mine installed

IMAGE_DA7B41EE-CD79-48B7-82B1-5FEDEC190219.JPG

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have got mine painted and now I am waiting for a nice day to install them. They are definitely worth the money because they have a lot of meat to them. I look forward to using them this summer and for many years to come. Thanks Kenny for a great product.:dance::bye:

·
Administrator
17,088 Posts
Thanks to EVERYBODY from the bottom of my heart! You are all the reason I make them...

I have got mine painted and now I am waiting for a nice day to install them. They are definitely worth the money because they have a lot of meat to them. I look forward to using them this summer and for many years to come. Thanks Kenny for a great product.:dance::bye:
Preacher, your statement (in bold) got me thinking today as I was making up some more hooks, I have never weighed them individually before. Now I can tell you how much 2 hooks and 4 bolts in a box weigh from the shipping I do...but not a single hook.

So, here is the answer:
Hook Weight.jpg

·
Administrator
17,088 Posts
Just received mine today, thank you! Now I have to wait a couple months for the weather to warm up before I can put them on.:thumbup1gif:
Months? My first order the Alaska and I have to wait months to see them mounted?:lol: Thank you and welcome to GTT:thumbup1gif:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts