Your welcome!:good2:

Thanks for posting:lol:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Your welcome!:good2:

Thanks for posting:lol:
Hey Ken,

I just ordered some hardware from you. I am sure that the shipping was not calculated correctly. Let me know and I will promptly send you the damage :confused:

·
Administrator
18,781 Posts
Hey Ken,

I just ordered some hardware from you. I am sure that the shipping was not calculated correctly. Let me know and I will promptly send you the damage :confused:
I will be sending email shortly LJ, you are correct that the shipping did NOT calculate since you are in Canada.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Hey Fellers... I heard that mounted hooks on a heavy duty bucket can cause damage to the bucket because of it's make up. I have a 3000cx loader and would like to get some hooks as they look like a great tool. Anybody know anything about this or how to install them correctly?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Bolt on Grab Hooks are now for sale!!

I operated heavy equipment daily in my 38 career w/the Dept of Highways. We had hooks on our whole fleet of loaders (200+) and never had bucket issues. As far as install, check out Kens link above. I ordered mine today....can't wait for them.......and I don't even have my tractor yet!:lol:

·
Registered
225 Posts
Hey Fellers... I heard that mounted hooks on a heavy duty bucket can cause damage to the bucket because of it's make up. I have a 3000cx loader and would like to get some hooks as they look like a great tool. Anybody know anything about this or how to install them correctly?
I think I figured it out... I need some spacers or will just weld them on. Good to go!

·
Administrator
18,781 Posts
I think I figured it out... I need some spacers or will just weld them on. Good to go!
Yes, since the HD buckets have a double wall on top, bolting hooks is problematic. Here is what I wrote on the FAQ page, it includes a link to a thread here about making spacers as well:

Q: What if the top of my bucket is double-walled?
A #1: Some heavy duty buckets have a double wall construction on the top, and bolting hooks to them could damage the bucket by compressing the wall’s together, and you would not be able to properly torque the bolts. If you have this type of bucket construction, then these hooks may not be the best option and you should consider having the hooks welded on.
A #2: One customer, Bob from IN recently did an install on his 3320/300cx/HD Bucket with custom made spacers. You can read the details here on the GreenTractorTalk forum.
We can supply everything you'll need to weld them on if you decide to go that route. One things for sure, once you get "hooked" you will not know how you got along without them...

·
Registered
225 Posts
Yes, since the HD buckets have a double wall on top, bolting hooks is problematic. Here is what I wrote on the FAQ page, it includes a link to a thread here about making spacers as well:

We can supply everything you'll need to weld them on if you decide to go that route. One things for sure, once you get "hooked" you will not know how you got along without them...
Thanks Kenny. The hooks look awesome and I will definitely be ordering a few.

·
Premium Member
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Hey Ken, I received my latest order of parts(Bolt on Clevis and Hook...Paints drying now:thumbup1gif:) I only received 2 bolts and thought there would be 4...Is that what the credit was for? Other wise thanks for the order and what bolts should I spec from the hardware store?
Thanks
Dave

·
Administrator
18,781 Posts
Hey Ken, I received my latest order of parts(Bolt on Clevis and Hook...Paints drying now:thumbup1gif:) I only received 2 bolts and thought there would be 4...Is that what the credit was for? Other wise thanks for the order and what bolts should I spec from the hardware store?
Thanks
Dave
Yes Dave, the credit was because I only sent two blots (there should have been a s description in the email as well). In the "What did you do with your Deere" thread you wrote
"I can't put up with not having a center hook ot clevis anymore...ordering now...:thumbup1gif:"

I took that to mean you where using the clevis mount as a backing plate so only two bolt sets where needed. Email sent...:banghead::slap-yourself-emoti

Reactions: chex313

·
Premium Member
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes Dave, the credit was because I only sent two blots (there should have been a s description in the email as well). In the "What did you do with your Deere" thread you wrote

I took that to mean you where using the clevis mount as a backing plate so only two bolt sets where needed. Email sent...:banghead::slap-yourself-emoti
You don't need to send them Ken...I'll do it that way. There isn't enough room on the top for 2. Hope I caught you in time.(Email replied)

·
Premium Member
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Added Clevis and Hook.

Added Clevis went with black. Going to paint the others black as well. Hook underneath for backing plate. Thanks Ken for the quick shipment! Ken using the Hook as the backing plate worked good, Thanks!

Buckets always dirty...It is what it is...:unknown: I did at least wipe the dirt off with my hand before mounting ;) and I left the Bolts unpainted...Per Harassment! (See Bubber Post #4) lol:laugh:

clevis1.jpg clevis2.jpg backplatehook.jpg

Reactions: Kennyd
1 - 15 of 15 Posts