1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12,239 Posts
GOOD DEEDS :good2:

·
Registered
7,889 Posts
Kid Rock is actually one of the most professional performers and astute business people in the entertainment industry. He is completely self made and starting in his teen age years, he made cassette tapes of his music and sold them from the trunk of his car while working at a car wash. His father owned several large new car dealerships in the Northern Suburbs of Detroit but he had left home and was sleeping on the couches of friends while he worked to develop his own style of music.

He earned his first record deal at the age of 17 and has always been one of the hardest working and personally evolving music artists in the industry. Not many aspiring rappers changed gears in their career and became successful Country Music artists and led the charts in Pop Music as well. Even fewer have earned the admiration and worked to develop close friendships with a very diverse group of the legends in the music industry like Bob Seger, Hank Williams, Jr., David Allen Coe, Aerosmith, Lynard Skinner and the list goes on and on.

I have not only been to his concerts several times, I had the chance to meet him in Sturgis, South Dakota while he was staying at and playing the Buffalo Chip music venue. He runs a very well managed show and puts the satisfaction of his fans as paramount, demanding professionalism and accountability from all who are involved in his show. I have met many of the "big name acts" and Kid Rock truly stands out in professionalism and his personal demands from his entire crew to put on the very best show for his fans. His attention to details and insistence on running on a schedule so as to not keep the fans waiting really impressed me.

While many artists treat the Buffalo Chip as a giant party, which it is to a large extent, Kid Rock made sure his concert was not only the best it could be, but also didn't want anyone disappointed. Following his show, which concluded at nearly 4 am eastern time, when many acts were lounging around and joining the party, his band was loaded up and on the road for a concert in Wyoming the next evening.

He writes and produces the vast majority of his own music and he has crossed musical genre lines in ways which really opened up Country Music to an entirely new audience. Like everyone, he has made some mistakes along the way, but he doesn't apologize for being himself. Actually a very humble guy in person and someone who shares the political values of most on this website, he is an American Original. He has always given back to fans, touring overseas to visit our Military members serving in areas of conflict and danger, dozens of times. He often arrives alone, with his acoustic guitar and without fan fare and will play for small groups and large groups of our service members.

He is actually a very good guy and he also likes and owns tractors, including green ones........:good2:

I have long been a fan of his music. I became a fan of the man after learning more about him and having a chance to meet him at the Chip. He was there, with his motorcycle, enjoying the rally just like everyone else. No entourage, no security detail. Just a biker among bikers enjoying the Black Hills area.

Robert James Ritchie, will be 48 years old on January 17th. He has not been a Kid in a long time, but his stage name came from a group of people watching him spin turn tables in the basements of house parties as a teen when on of the guys hosting the party said "That Kid sure can rock" and the name "Kid Rock" was born and attached..........

Politically correct, he isn't and he doesn't apologize for standing up for our nations's rights and freedom's. From being a Life member of the NRA to being publicly critical of Colin Kapernik's actions and criticizing those who fail to love and support our Great Nation, he is No doubt an American original and remains one of my favorite musical performers and actually a good guy.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays........RJR, AKA Kid Rock....:good2:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
35,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not only that SulleyBear but anybody that hits the road with Guy Fieri and is a Trump supporter is ok in my book. :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
11,224 Posts
I was watching Fox and Friends on 29 or 30 November 2018, and saw him with Steve Doocey at Kid Rock's new steak house. I was especially impressed with his comment about Joy Behar. It cost him the job of Grand Marshall of the Christmas parade, but I bet he thought it was worth it. I thought he was right on target.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
I was watching Fox and Friends on 29 or 30 November 2018, and saw him with Steve Doocey at Kid Rock's new steak house. I was especially impressed with his comment about Joy Behar. It cost him the job of Grand Marshall of the Christmas parade, but I bet he thought it was worth it. I thought he was right on target.
Love Kid Rock! We saw him in concert 2 times now and I love his support of our military and the Vets. Plus he doesn't rip you off on ticket prices either.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Joy Behar.
A horribly hideous human being. I would never wish ill will on anyone but I wish she and all her friends would move to somewhere really cold never ever to return. :nunu:

I have a lot of respect for Kid Rock and I even like some of his music. :usa

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
One song he did irritated me because he stole borrowed the bass line from Werewolves of London and every time it would come on the radio, for a few seconds i would think i was getting a Warren Zevon tune.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
One song he did irritated me because he stole borrowed the bass line from Werewolves of London and every time it would come on the radio, for a few seconds i would think i was getting a Warren Zevon tune.

A couple of small corrections...

Firstly, it was the entirety of the music that was borrowed (used with permission) and not just the bass line. Secondly, it wasn't Werewolves, it was Werewolves AND Sweet Home Alabama. Kid Rock got full permission to use these chunks of both of songs with royalties from All Summer Long being split out to himself and the other two artists / artists' estates.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
The permission part doesn't lessen my irritation that the first few seconds is Werewolves bass line but then i am disappointed when it turns out to be the Kid Rock song at which time which I flip the channel.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts