Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are these small Fire Extinguishers from Home Depot REALLY rechargeable? Knocked one off the wall the other day and it went off.
Yes it does have plastic handles.

89fa31d9-fd3d-499d-b372-6bcbb5ce1c3f_400.jpg

·
Premium Member
3,964 Posts
Are these small Fire Extinguishers from Home Depot REALLY rechargeable? Knocked one off the wall the other day and it went off.
Yes it does have plastic
I'd like to know as well as I have a couple of them.

·
Administrator
17,943 Posts
No clue...

We have a small local family run business here that I bought all 4 of ours from, and they do the yearly check-ups as well.

No pics of the mess?

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
No pics of the mess?
Actually Babycakes knocked it off the wall while I was at work. Not a very big mess just a short shot but it has been losing preasure ever since.
Luckily it was in the basement.

·
Registered
3,554 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,534 Posts
Yes it does have plastic handles.

View attachment 27534
As far as I know, those "cheapos" are not rechargeable.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As far as I know, those "cheapos" are not rechargeable.
That's what I'm thinking. Someplace I read, if it has plastic handles they wont recharge them. :dunno:

·
Premium Member
10,067 Posts
Actually Babycakes knocked it off the wall while I was at work. Not a very big mess just a short shot but it has been losing preasure ever since.
Luckily it was in the basement.
Long story short, I had one of the 'small' dry chemical extinguishers go off in the cab of my work truck once. I was driving down the interstate with nowhere to pull over. That was an experience to remember...:fire::laugh: Both windows down, big white cloud billowing out both sides and I was hacking and gagging on that mess...ick.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Long story short, I had one of the 'small' dry chemical extinguishers go off in the cab of my work truck once. I was driving down the interstate with nowhere to pull over. That was an experience to remember...:fire::laugh: Both windows down, big white cloud billowing out both sides and I was hacking and gagging on that mess...ick.
With your track record with equipment I am sure you did. If it were not for bad luck you'd have no luck.:lol:

·
Premium Member
4,868 Posts
Now that conjures up quite a vision...something out of Laurel and Hardy. Gave me a good laugh this morning.

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
I can't top that "moving violation", but maybe come close... In the early 60's I bought a 25' Steelcraft cabin cruiser which was sitting in a boat yard on L.I. Sound. The price was very right for the vessel! Next to it on each side were much bigger and brand new looking sport fishermen with lots of nice brightwork and some with fresh varnish.

I had a guy with me who entered the main cabin while I was forward checking out the head, "Hey, what's this red handle for...?" WHOOOOOOOSSSSSHHHHHH!!! He pulled the handle and released a 25lb. charge of dry chemical throughout the entire fire supression system bow to stern (which I didn't know the boat had as yet). I managed to get out the forward hatch to clear air and my "helper" near choked to death going out the main cabin door and crashing over the engine box.

Both owners on each side of us thought we were "exploding" and just lucky that the wind was blowing along the boats and not across which kept all that powder off the wet varnish. About 30 people gathered around to see what happened and to see what the "those two A.H.'s" were up to...

When all was over my helper admitted that he did spend a few seconds trying to cram that cable and red handle back into the dashboard to "turn it off". :laugh:

·
Administrator
17,943 Posts

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well? :munch:
:lol:
Ok, So yesterday I call the place HydroHarold posted up. As long as the head is not plastic (the part that screws into the can) they will recharge it, $21.00. They are currently back logged a couple of weeks but the guy told me he would give me a loaner, Go figure. COOL!
Bought a new one the other day for $43.00. I will also get the old one recharged.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts