Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was originally looking for a Carry All from the local TSC, but they were out of stock, so I ended up with one from King Kutter. I had a set of Cat.1-3 pin on bushings for the lift arm pins and picked up a new Cat. 1 pin and retainer clip, a 1-2 and 2-3 bushing for the top link.

I fits nicely on my Speeco Quick Hitch. No modifications needed!!

Now, I need to figure out what size wood platform and back board I want to make for it. I'm thinking 40" wide and 36" deep for the base and 40" wide and 36" tall for the back. I've been looking at some of the older Carry All threads and getting ideas for things to add to my build. There are some people with great imaginations on this site!

Here's a few pictures... It's just the iron, no wood work installed yet....

DSCF7191.JPG DSCF7192.JPG DSCF7193.JPG

DSCF7190.JPG DSCF7189.JPG

Getting ready to take the Mrs. for a ride around the yard so she can spray liquid deer repellent around her plantings. Kind or redneck, but it worked. hehehehe

DSCF7185.JPG

·
Registered
11,976 Posts
:lolol:no way would i consider that to be too redneckee!!!:bigthumb: i love the back rest:good2:

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
+1 For Ingenuity

I have thought of allot of things I could put on a carryall if I get one. Generator, toolbox, sprayer, but the Missus never came to mind.

·
Registered
523 Posts
My Carry-all is my go to implement. Ballast, sprayers, tools, my Wife, trash cans, you name it.

I made mine 48" wide. Has never been an issue. Sprayed the plywood with Thompson's Water Seal. It's gray, but in good shape sitting outside for 2 years. I do notice the King Cutter photo shows the pins forward of the frame. My TSC is farther back and I had to cut holes in the plywood back to allow my HF quick hitch to have room to hoo up. I like the KK better.

Get creative and send us your progress.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's about time I worked on this...

After buying the carry all frame last year, I kind of let it sit... Sometimes life get in the way of plans. Today, I started working on it. I had picked up 3 green treated 2x12s 8' long and some 3/8 by 2 1/2 carriage bolts with nuts and washers. I cut the 2x12s at 45". The finished size of the platform is 45' x 32 1/2". I had a chance to use already, I carried 7 5-gallon buckets to water the plants out by the road. I'm sure this will come in handy around the place...

I've checked out some of the other carry all threads and it looks like I have a lot more finishing touches to add before it's done.

I know we all like pics so here you are...

DSCF7997.JPG

DSCF7999.JPG

DSCF8001.JPG

·
Registered
11,976 Posts
:bigthumb:that looks like ur off to a great start:good2: IDK-if i would use something like that or not-but have thought about it. i want a gator some day:munch::laugh:

·
Registered
997 Posts
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

It's an inexpensive fun project

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #8