Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
5,926 Posts
TSC and many other carry king cutter so parts, as long as they are available, should be fairly easy to get.

The cutter in the link looks light in the gear box and in the tail wheel assembly. I would be very, very careful turning on uneven ground. The good news is that its all very basic construction and it looks like common materials could be found easily to make any repairs or improvements needed.

A 6' Deere MX6 can be had for 1,700.00 so I would assume that this unit is close to 800.00?

For light duty or low use, it should be a good unit, but keep an eye on it and fix any issues immeidiatly. I assume you have a welder?

· Premium Member
5,926 Posts
I run mine on more of an angle that 1 inch. I would say mine is closer to 2 inches higher in the rear. I do this so large amounts of trash to be pushed out the rear and not forward. In the thick stuff mine will collect material and spit it out if its level. Some have no issues being level as they have a larger cut out in the rear for trash to be let out.

You are on the right track. Each machine is designed differently and operates a bit different for what you are cutting, but the general rules are the same. Rear higher than the front.

· Premium Member
5,926 Posts
Draft control it to the height needed. IMHO, the skids on the mower are to stop it from chewing up the ground when you are on uneven ground. My MX6 would be scalping the ground if I let it drag, while an older howe that we have has 3 inches of safety so it could drag, but I don't think they were ever meant to.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.