Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, Runnings is just down the road and has what I think good deal on the King Kutter S-400-P spreader ($549( (King Kutter Seeder/Spreader, Polyethylene Tub - S-400-P-UK. It looks like it'll fit the 1025R from a weight / size / power perspective, and it's QH compatible (yay). The only thing is that it's not limited cat1, I'm assuming this is about the lift height.

My lawn is getting ripped up this year due to a big construction project and I was looking at this as a nice way to do seeding. The poly is nice too, I can use it in the winter.

I know that KK has an XB model, just wondering if GTT thinks I'll be sorry if I don't get the limited cat 1.

Thanks!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Could be lift height, pin size or spread. Is there a difference in hopper size or weight? It seems I'm able to hook up either size to my 3pt. arms with not a lot of extra effort. What's the required height for each bin? Is there some sort of calibration chart included if you can't hit... I dunno, 24 inches or so? If I had to make a choice, I'd go with the Cat 1 size.

I got a tow behind drop spreader just so I don't have to deal with all that Mickey Mouse crap.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Could be lift height, pin size or spread. Is there a difference in hopper size or weight? It seems I'm able to hook up either size to my 3pt. arms with not a lot of extra effort. What's the required height for each bin? Is there some sort of calibration chart included if you can't hit... I dunno, 24 inches or so? If I had to make a choice, I'd go with the Cat 1 size.

I got a tow behind drop spreader just so I don't have to deal with all that Mickey Mouse crap.
What tractor / spreader do you have ? I have a tow-behind broadcast spreader, but it's a real PITA, I need to extend the handle to reach it from the seat of my 1025R. I haven't really looked at a drop spreader, do you think it's better off than a broadcast spreader?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts