Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I purchased a King Kutter middle buster. I'd like to use it as a subsoiler (or trencher) occasionally too so I figure I can just put the KK subsoiler point on it instead of the plow when I want to do that. The part number for the KK subsoiler point is 177006. I can't seem to find it to order online very easily and my local Runnings will special order but cost is somewhere north of $25. I'm thinking this has to be a pretty standard ag item that I can find elsewhere in a generic fashion for much less $$. So, can anyone tell me the size of this point? Lenth x width? Hole spacing I can get from my middle buster. If anyone has had success doing this already and has a suggestion for a good part please let me know.

Thanks!
Rob

·
Registered
180 Posts
I don't have an answer but I am thinking of doing the same thing with my Frontier middle buster. I'm going to measure the hole spacing and see if TSC has anything that might work.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
12,748 Posts
Which model of middle buster do you have? If it is the MB-X-SB, the King Kutter website shows the subsoiler blade as p/n 177008 ($22.48). It looks like you can order parts directly from the King Kutter website.

The parts are a bit confusing as when I try to search for 177008 it comes up with a RuralKing link with p/n 177006. I have no idea if 177008 and 177006 are the same.

Here is the link to RuralKing. It looks like the price is less than what the KK site is showing.

https://www.ruralking.com/sub-soiler-point.html

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I believe the model I have is MB-YK. I think the MB-X-SB is the orange middle buster/subsoiler combo for subcompact tractors. That one is smaller than the 'regular' middle buster. 177006 is the point for the full size subsoiler that is a twin of the middle buster I have.

The part at Rural King is what I'm looking for. Shipping to me adds over $10 so it is still close to $30 ultimately. Hoping I can find something similar at a local implement dealer for much less.

Rob

·
Super Moderator
5,204 Posts

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1 - 6 of 6 Posts