Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First regen at 36.5 hours. Didn't even know it happened until I saw the regen light on the dash. Also, during regen even if I manually pull the throttle down to idle, the ECU kept rpm at 2200 then dropped it to 1000 afterwards. Took 11 minutes to complete. Great tractor so far.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Meant to say CK3510H model.

With a mistake like that I don't believe you anymore! Haha
Just kidding. Glad it's working out for you and you are enjoying the machine. It's also good to hear the regen went smoothly. We tend to only hear about the problems which can scare folks off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
32 Posts
As a technician that works on ag equipment, the best thing you can do for the emissions components on any of these new tractors with a DPF and DOC is to not idle the engine a lot and if you feel that you must idle it, throttle it up a little before u get off 12-1500 seems to do pretty good. Idling is what causes excessive regenerations and issues with the components. We have seen 0 failures on the ag side in our area because they are pretty much under load constantly. We've had a few smaller tractors with issues due to idling and once the operator has been educated on the best ways to run the engine, the issues do not reoccur. Not saying that yours is excessive or anything, just trying to educate those that may not know and hopefully help keep from potential problems for them in the future.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As a technician that works on ag equipment, the best thing you can do for the emissions components on any of these new tractors with a DPF and DOC is to not idle the engine a lot and if you feel that you must idle it, throttle it up a little before u get off 12-1500 seems to do pretty good. Idling is what causes excessive regenerations and issues with the components. We have seen 0 failures on the ag side in our area because they are pretty much under load constantly. We've had a few smaller tractors with issues due to idling and once the operator has been educated on the best ways to run the engine, the issues do not reoccur. Not saying that yours is excessive or anything, just trying to educate those that may not know and hopefully help keep from potential problems for them in the future.
Thanks for the info

·
Registered
5 Posts
We have two OTR Detroit Diesels that require regen. One with DEF and one without. Both obviously have the DPF. The vehicles idle for long periods, are started and stopped frequently and only see short (under 10 miles) trips. We do nothing to be proactive about preventing the regens- in other words no change to our behavior. The regens occur on an infrequent basis and have never caused an issue. The technology has been around for several years now and has generally been little more than a slight procedural change.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Wish I could say the same for my Duramax. The DPF filter died on me at 125k. I do not sit an idle and the majority of my miles were long distance trips with a trailer. I know on some big rigs you can clean the DPF filter, not so on the Duramax.

I am curious as to how DPF's on tractors will hold up especially as the hours build up on the machine.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Wish I could say the same for my Duramax. The DPF filter died on me at 125k. I do not sit an idle and the majority of my miles were long distance trips with a trailer. I know on some big rigs you can clean the DPF filter, not so on the Duramax.

I am curious as to how DPF's on tractors will hold up especially as the hours build up on the machine.

What did that thing cost you?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts