Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2016 2025R (Gen 1)
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I've been observing for a long time, and already owe many thanks for the great info here. It's helped me a lot with general tractor education as well as choosing which parts & implements/attachments to purchase.

For the last 4 years I've had a 2016 2025R with all sorts of goodies. It's been fantastic but sometimes leaves me yearning for just a little more, so I've got a deposit on a new machine and will be upgrading to a new 3046R in a few months.
I've also promised my wife that if she gets enough nice grass growing around the house that I'll buy her an X390 (my son likes to tease her that it will be the hood ornament on the 3046 when she's not using it).

We have 3 acres on a small private airport with a grass strip, and my dad has about 10 adjacent acres. Between my place, helping him with his projects as he gets older, and caring for the runway, long gravel driveways, etc., our machines get a decent amount, if not daily, use (he has an old 955 and a 4066).

I tend not to post much on forums, but I won't hesitate to contribute if I have anything constructive to add.

-Seth, a.k.a. Festus

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Sounds like the perfect Fleet to me.

Get a batwing or whatever to make short work of the runway chore.

Couple few guys up by you.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Seth -- welcome from the mainland.

Steve (been a 3046R owner since last summer)

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Welcome from Wisconsin. Would like to see some pics of the goodies you got for your tractor.

I take you like Gunsmoke, Festus?😉

Reactions: Uncle Wayne

·
Premium Member
6,145 Posts
Welcome to GTT. Peninsula is a nice are. I know a few people who live out there.

·
Registered
2016 2025R (Gen 1)
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I take you like Gunsmoke, Festus?😉
I’m familiar with Gunsmoke... used to watch old reruns of it when I was a kid, but it was a little before my time (I’m in my early 40s).
When I was brand new at my workplace many years ago, the owner was trying to get my attention from a distance away but didn’t know my name yet. He just blurted out “Festus!” at me, and it stuck. He still calls me by it to this day, roughly 20 years later :)

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
I’m familiar with Gunsmoke... used to watch old reruns of it when I was a kid, but it was a little before my time (I’m in my early 40s).
When I was brand new at my workplace many years ago, the owner was trying to get my attention from a distance away but didn’t know my name yet. He just blurted out “Festus!” at me, and it stuck. He still calls me by it to this day, roughly 20 years later :)
That's funny.

Yep it's little before my time too. I'm in my late 40s, well one year over the half way mark to 50. 😖

·
Premium Member
6,145 Posts
It’s better than Dickfer

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
42,369 Posts
Welcome to GTT

·
Premium Member
2,555 Posts
Welcome from north Alabama

·
Registered
242 Posts
Welcome from western pa

·
Premium Member
Tator
16,459 Posts
Grey Wood Font Twig Electric blue

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
Welcome from NW SD.

rob

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
Welcome from NE Pennsylvania

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
A big welcome to the posting side of the GTT foru from Pennsylvania!!

Also Congratulations on your growing John Deere family. Sounds like a Gator would also be handy. 🙃

·
Super Moderator
6,041 Posts
Welcome to GTT

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Congrats and welcome!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts