Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, my shop get's maxed out on space frequently. Recently, we had to really cram them in there and were resting a few of the loaders on top of the ROPS. Generally, no big deal. Well, that is until we got lazy and didn't realize that one half of this bucket hadn't been attached until after it was perched atop a ROPS. No bigggie, right?

Well, the pictures below show what it looked like the next morning. It settled and came unattached completely from one side and hanging down. It required my brother using the bucket of another large tractor to slowly lift, simultaneously back up behind the ROPS, and gently lower to the ground.

Those buckets are way heavier than they seem and no amount of umph would get it into position so we could lock it in place.

Not the end of the world, but it's one of those things where you "call it good" at the end of a long day and then pay for it the next, haha!

Attachments

·
Administrator
17,976 Posts
Well that could have been bad!

·
Premium Member
7,709 Posts
You would have had to have a scratch and dent sale. :laugh:

We were at a car dealer in Chicago, that the parking was so limited you could hardly walk between the vehicles. We let the salesman get out the truck we wanted to drive. It took a lot of back and forth to work it out.

·
Administrator
20,692 Posts
Wow. The “aw crap” factor must’ve been high when you saw that. At least there wasn’t any real damage done. :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow. The “aw crap” factor must’ve been high when you saw that. At least there wasn’t any real damage done. :thumbup1gif:
Yeah - things like that bucket don’t seem that heavy when they are on the ground......
The entire time, I was waiting for the other side to break free and just smash down on that tractor underneath it :lol:

·
Administrator
20,692 Posts
So the “pucker” factor was high too!

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
The entire time, I was waiting for the other side to break free and just smash down on that tractor underneath it
Aw, you just needed straps or chains to anchor the loose end. I mean, we have posts abound praising the wonders of CHAINS for keeping things from getting stuck in the ground; so in the air, they MUST do wonders for keeping things STUCK together. :laugh:

·
Administrator
20,692 Posts
Heck, I am sitting in a chair in front of a fireplace and I had a high pucker factor.
Your “pucker factor” is always high. :lol: Try settling down like most of us regular folks. :thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
5,527 Posts
Your “pucker factor” is always high. :lol: Try settling down like most of us regular folks. :thumbup1gif:
Very perceptive.:laugh:

NEVER.:good2:

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
So, my shop get's maxed out on space frequently. Recently, we had to really cram them in there and were resting a few of the loaders on top of the ROPS. Generally, no big deal. Well, that is until we got lazy and didn't realize that one half of this bucket hadn't been attached until after it was perched atop a ROPS. No bigggie, right?

Well, the pictures below show what it looked like the next morning. It settled and came unattached completely from one side and hanging down. It required my brother using the bucket of another large tractor to slowly lift, simultaneously back up behind the ROPS, and gently lower to the ground.

Those buckets are way heavier than they seem and no amount of umph would get it into position so we could lock it in place.

Not the end of the world, but it's one of those things where you "call it good" at the end of a long day and then pay for it the next, haha!
You need to use those cylinder safety bars.
Don't worry Kenny is working on coming out with a KBOH model.:lol:

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,265 Posts
The entire time, I was waiting for the other side to break free and just smash down on that tractor underneath it :lol:
For me that would have happened. My end of the day work doesn't end well. :banghead:

·
Premium Member
7,709 Posts
I think I would have put a couple of two inch ratchet straps around the bucket and loader mount then used that tractor to lift it off the ROPS and moved to where I could properly attach the bucket.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think I would have put a couple of two inch ratchet straps around the bucket and loader mount then used that tractor to lift it off the ROPS and moved to where I could properly attach the bucket.
Well where were you when I needed that idea??? :lol:

·
Registered
22,728 Posts
Thinking about this thread some - do you have a place to store the buckets separately? The Deere buckets come off in a couple seconds.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thinking about this thread some - do you have a place to store the buckets separately? The Deere buckets come off in a couple seconds.
Yeah, they do come off quickly. Once the big snow pile melts, I'll have more outdoor storage. I do like to show the tractors to customers with the buckets on though. They just look more "complete" that way.

The real solution is finding a bigger place. It's a good problem to have and getting more indoor sq ft is high on my to-do list this year. I really try not to store any tractors outside if I can help it.

·
Premium Member
7,709 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts