Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has used a Kolpin Rear Blade on a CUT? I would be using this for light snow removal. I am using a heavy hitch, so I was thinking of using this with the 2" receiver between the HH/Blade. I do have a box blade but I've seen where you have to lift it to empty snow. I like the idea of being able to put a slight angle on the blade that you can't really do with a box. If anyone has done such a thing..I'd like to know.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I use a rear blade from Frontier. I do the same as you, just do not use the Heavy Hitch (I have one) for this. here is a pic of my setup!
exploring my options because I just bought the HH.
I had some suitcase weights that came with the tractor and I don't really want to spend 300 plus for a rear blade.
You can have a Kolpin for about half that. I'd like to use it with the HH so I can still use the FEL.

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
Just wondering if anyone has used a Kolpin Rear Blade on a CUT? I would be using this for light snow removal. I am using a heavy hitch, so I was thinking of using this with the 2" receiver between the HH/Blade. I do have a box blade but I've seen where you have to lift it to empty snow. I like the idea of being able to put a slight angle on the blade that you can't really do with a box. If anyone has done such a thing..I'd like to know.

I use the Frontier rear blade on my 1025R to move snow to the street, then use the FEL to clean up. I use the blade at either the first or second angle. I tried only using the FEL, but the rear blade works much better and it gives me ballast.

Dave

·
Registered
332 Posts
It looks as though the Kolpin blade uses a 2" receiver tube to slide over their toolbar adapter, so you would need a 2" tube insert to go into the Heavy Hitch receiver and then into the blade receiver. I'm sure the blade would work fine if you have the needed tube. I can make one up if you get the blade. :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It looks as though the Kolpin blade uses a 2" receiver tube to slide over their toolbar adapter, so you would need a 2" tube insert to go into the Heavy Hitch receiver and then into the blade receiver. I'm sure the blade would work fine if you have the needed tube. I can make one up if you get the blade. :thumbup1gif:
thanks Greg (this is Chris BTW)..I have a 4' piece of 2" tube off an old cargo rack so I thought I could just cut a few inches and use it as a union piece if I'm right. I was just thinking about going this route because for under 200 bucks..it's worth a shot.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts