Green Tractor Talk banner

Kolpin Rhino XL

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Jer 
#1 ·
For some reason only one outfit I know of sells these for a reasonable price ($25/pr), but I've found them immensely useful on my atv over the past 4 years.

Before you go "rifle rack!" - I actually put these on for carrying my Echo srm 410u brush cutter. :p (I have a different idea for the gun rack :laugh: )

Install is pretty straight forward, but my local hardware stores (in the sticks) didn't have the 2" u-bolts in 1/4" like the kolpin mounts. I bought 4.5" 1/4-20 bolts just in case, but did find some 5/16-18 u-bolts that looked like they'd work with the mounts if I drilled them out. So I got some nyloc nuts for the bigger bolts and headed home.

Upon test fitting the 1/4-20's, I discovered the 5/16 u-bolts actually fit the ROPS better (happy accident!) and so I proceeded to enlarge two holes in a bracket and try it on the hoop. Looking real good at that point, I drilled the remaining holes and shortened the u-bolts down to 4" from the inside of the bend using a cut-off wheel in my cordless angle grinder. After that, I swapped out the disc for a flap wheel and cleaned up the ends.

I also align-drilled my ROPS holes as well as replacing the pins with D-ring hitch pins. It's MUCH easier to work the hoop now. :thumbup1gif:

Don't mind the date. I used a cheap camera we got a couole years ago and didn't set it up after recharging the battery.

See less See more
#4 ·
Those look they would work really well. I can see where you would want to make sure you paid attention to your surroundings when transporting items in the rack though. Seems it would rank up there with hitting the ROPS on the garage:laugh:

Reactions: Levi
#7 ·
I think a mini-30 would fit really nicely in there, just in case.

-J.

Reactions: Jim Timber
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.