Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone run one of these on their farm? The boss has one and it always starts wpitting hoses out on me. The only thing I can think is it has to do with the constant down pressure not being right.

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
Clueless

I'll confess that I've never even heard of that one.

Treefarmer

·
Registered
5 Posts
We have had one for 5 years and haven't had any issues with hoses blowing. We run it on several different 8000 series Deere. We always run the wings and star wheels with constants hydraulics with the the flow set at 2.5-3.0.

Where are you blowing the hoses at? We always rubber strap the hoses to the 3 Point to make sure they don't drag or get pinched when turning.

·
Premium Member
10,913 Posts
If most of you are like me, you have no idea what a Krause Excelerator is. This is what it looks like.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
If most of you are like me, you have no idea what a Krause Excelerator is. This is what it looks like.
I had to google it too..I tryed to stop me.

So I did not read up on it......What dose the name imply and what is it?

Why the hoses and what not?

Was trying to research some JD air planter thing a while back cause ...I was curious...never really got to the bottom of that mystery.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had to google it too..I tryed to stop me.

So I did not read up on it......What dose the name imply and what is it?

Why the hoses and what not?

Was trying to research some JD air planter thing a while back cause ...I was curious...never really got to the bottom of that mystery.
This type of implement falls into what is called "Vertical Tillage" tools. it has wavy blades spaced like a disc harrow however the angle of the blades can be changed from 0 to 5 degrees. They are designed to slice residue and leave a very smooth soil profile. They are also meant to operate at high speeds between 8-12 mph. To keep them in the ground and running level, active hydraulic flow is used to keep pressure against the hydraulic cylinders to keep the ground engaging components in the ground.

Youtube Video of product: Kuhn Krause Excelerator® Product Reveal - YouTube

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We have had one for 5 years and haven't had any issues with hoses blowing. We run it on several different 8000 series Deere. We always run the wings and star wheels with constants hydraulics with the the flow set at 2.5-3.0.

Where are you blowing the hoses at? We always rubber strap the hoses to the 3 Point to make sure they don't drag or get pinched when turning.
It pops them out of the remote on the tractor. Usually both for the wings and star wheels. Then when you shut the flow down to put them in and then turn the flow back in it pops them out plus the hoses for lifting the tool. At that point I'm in park not moving. He has the hoses tied up to the three point but I almost half wonder if they're catching the tongue on the tool and pulling out.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
I thought is was the part in the car on “Back To The Future” that made time travel possible?

·
Registered
5 Posts
It pops them out of the remote on the tractor. Usually both for the wings and star wheels. Then when you shut the flow down to put them in and then turn the flow back in it pops them out plus the hoses for lifting the tool. At that point I'm in park not moving. He has the hoses tied up to the three point but I almost half wonder if they're catching the tongue on the tool and pulling out.
In my experience hoses popping out has to do with one of two things.
1. Cheap tips. Not all hydraulic tips are made to the same specification. When we have issues like what you are talking about that is the first thing we replace and the issue usually goes away.
2. Worn SCVs. On our older 50 or 55 series Deere we would have this happen we would rebuild the SCVs and that would seem to fix it.

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
Thanks

It looks similar to a TurboTill or DMI which are popular in this area.

Treefarmer

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
1. Cheap tips. Not all hydraulic tips are made to the same specification. When we have issues like what you are talking about that is the first thing we replace and the issue usually goes away.
2. Worn SCVs. On our older 50 or 55 series Deere we would have this happen we would rebuild the SCVs and that would seem to fix it.
This would make sense, the bosses kid was trying to tell everyone that I was turning too sharp, not when I'm in the middle of a field I'm not.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'll 2nd this.

Also, I believe that there is a pressure adjustment and a guage on the tool itself, I cant remember what it is supposed to be set to though.
But from what you are saying, I'd look at the hose ends and scvs.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I don't know if this will help you or not, but i snapped a picture of the tag thats by the adjustment valve on the tool itself.
Sorry it took so long, just dont go to the building this is stored in very often.
The one I was running does not have that sticker so that's good to know. The new/bigger one does. I found out after the fact that after my boss rebuilt the remotes on that tractor the draw bar came out going across the field with that tool. That would explain loose connections right there.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts