Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife has made Krispy Kreme breakfast sausage sandwiches for the kids before, so today I figured I'd make some KK burgers since I had a bunch of fresh KK donuts I just picked up this morning. You take one andy b. special burger, some Krispy bacon, and cut a Krispy Kreme in half and make yourself a burger. I also made up a big batch of baked sweet potatoes to use up the ones I had left from the garden last year.

kk_burger.jpg

For dessert we had some of the Irish chocolate sweet potato cake I started making last night and finished baking this morning.

Now I'm ready for a shower and bed.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bacon and a big thick burger stuck in the middle of a Krispy Kreme glazed donut. You would think it might taste weird, but the glaze on the donuts goes perfect with bacon. I wouldn't put ketchup or mustard on one though.

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
Interesting! I'm not sure I would have thought of that combo. I'm sure most condiments are better left off of it.

·
Registered
11,372 Posts
Andy:

That burger really looks good. Have you considered serving it with a max dose of Lipitor? :laugh:

Don

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
The Vortex in Atlanta has their coronary bypass set of burgers. Instead of a bun, they use grilled cheese sandwiches, yes, two. One for the top and one for the bottom. Here is the triple from their menu:

TRIPLE CORONARY BYPASS
tm
(aka THE SUPER-STACK) 28.95

It becomes difficultto even describe this,the most preposterous of our Bypass Burgers.It’s sort of a Coronary
Bypass surrounded by a Double Coronary Bypass. Sort of. We guess all you really need to know is that we use
three burger patties, three fried eggs, fourteen slices slices of American cheese, and ten slices of bacon, all
packed between two grilled cheese sandwiches. Figuring out how to add condiments is completely up to you.
It’s served in a big bowl of french fries and tater tots covered, in lots of our Cheesy-Cheese Goo. Enjoy!

·
8,558 Posts
Bubber; One of those burgers would be 7-10 days worth of eating, for some of us! How does anyone consume that much food in one day, much less, one meal? Otherwise, sounds interesting.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I've made a krispy kream burger before. It is actually a lot better than it sounds, mine even had cheese on it. The combination of beef, cheese, and the sweet taste of the donut mix together really well. :good2:

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
See, 3720 is a man ahead of his years. :laugh:

We have several 5 Guys Burgers And Fries in my area. When one opened in 2009 I went in and said I wanted a "grilled cheese burger" and the lady was confused. I told her make me two grilled cheese sandwiches, and stick a beef patty between them. She looked at me weird, but she made it, and I ate it. TASTY!

I think next I'm going to try the Krispy Kreme donut, a burger patty, bacon, melted mild cheddar cheese, and thinly sliced jalapeno peppers.

·
8,558 Posts
With jalapenos, it has to be good! :thumbup1gif: :fed:

·
Premium Member
1,113 Posts
Andy, I thought I'd tried every kind of burger but this is one I had not tried. I will soon. Thanks for sharing this recipe.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts