Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know we have discussed Kroil on several threads here before. I am a constant user of Kroil. I had been purchasing it direct from KANO Labs but found out yesterday that they have sold out to Gryphon Industries. To order online now, you have to purchase off Amazon but they have increased the distributorship greatly. NAPA stores are distributors of Kroil as well. More places to pick it up is great but the prices has also skyrocketed. Kroil is great stuff. Best penetrating oil that I have found. I am not compensated for this thread nor do I work for Kroil. This is just an FYI and not a thread to discuss the merits of any penetrating fluids. Use what works for you.

·
Registered
826 Posts
I prefer Kerns Rust Cutter but Kroil is good. We used it exclusively at the power plant.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Kroil is OK if all of it comes out of the can.
I guess a propellant problem.
Have had several cans stop spraying🤨

Reactions: ridesdirt

·
Registered
362 Posts
Good stuff(y) I used it on a 4-cylinder engine that had the pistons froze up. Just kept the top of the pistons submerged in Kroil for about a week and it finally broke loose

Reactions: flyweight

·
Registered
887 Posts
Kroil is OK if all of it comes out of the can.
I guess a propellant problem.
Have had several cans stop spraying
Kroil is good stuff.
Try this trick I discovered years ago that worked for me:
Get a can of Blow Off (Walmart electronics section, etc).
Connect cans together by the straw. Hold down Kroil button first, then push Blow Off which fills Kroil with propellant until it's full.

Sent from my SM-S205DL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,634 Posts
I know we have discussed Kroil on several threads here before. I am a constant user of Kroil. I had been purchasing it direct from KANO Labs but found out yesterday that they have sold out to Gryphon Industries. To order online now, you have to purchase off Amazon but they have increased the distributorship greatly. NAPA stores are distributors of Kroil as well. More places to pick it up is great but the prices has also skyrocketed. Kroil is great stuff. Best penetrating oil that I have found. I am not compensated for this thread nor do I work for Kroil. This is just an FYI and not a thread to discuss the merits of any penetrating fluids. Use what works for you.
Kroil is good stuff but pricey even before this change. I try to keep a can but use it only when necessary and use less expensive stuff first.

It does smell good when sprayed on hot metal though, lol.

Reactions: wildbranch2007

·
Registered
7,634 Posts
Kroil is good stuff.
Try this trick I discovered years ago that worked for me:
Get a can of Blow Off (Walmart electronics section, etc).
Connect cans together by the straw. Hold down Kroil button first, then push Blow Off which fills Kroil with propellant until it's full.

Sent from my SM-S205DL using Tapatalk
Ingenious! (y)

Reactions: rtgt

·
Registered
165 Posts
I'm with treefarmer, usually use deep creep first because I like that it has some body to it. Kroil has actually been out a lot longer then most people know but couldn't find the right vessel to market it, kept eating seals, sorta sounds they haven't got it 100% yet.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Don’t spoil it kroil it.

·
Premium Member
1025R, '30 Ford, '08 Range Rover Supercharged, '63 MGB, '92 300ZX twin turbo, '73 Courier 2.3 turbo
449 Posts
Good stuff(y) I used it on a 4-cylinder engine that had the pistons froze up. Just kept the top of the pistons submerged in Kroil for about a week and it finally broke loose
In the jet engine overhaul business, we use Kroil to soak turbines blades for removal from turbine wheels. It's the only thing we ever found that really works. I prefer it for most all penetrating lubricant requirements. YMMV.

Reactions: JR Diyer

·
Registered
6,272 Posts
Kroil is good stuff and used it a lot. Then I started using Hagen’s Brew. Found it’s cheap and easy and always have ingredients around. 50%Acetone 50% ATF and I just mix it in a Sure Shot. Gotta shake it well as it will separate after it sits.

Reactions: Treefarmer

·
Registered
7,634 Posts
Kroil is good stuff and used it a lot. Then I started using Hagen’s Brew. Found it’s cheap and easy and always have ingredients around. 50%Acetone 50% ATF and I just mix it in a Sure Shot. Gotta shake it well as it will separate after it sits.
I'd never heard of a Sure Shot. Seems interesting depending on price. If Hagen's Brew is as good as Kroil, that would save a lot of $ right there.

·
Registered
6,272 Posts
I'd never heard of a Sure Shot.
Here‘s a pick of the ones I’ve got. I have an aftermarket/knockoff one I got from somewhere that works just as good and I keep,parts cleaner in that one for spraying and cleaning. If I think where I got it I’ll post

·
Registered
125 Posts
this stuff is amazing we used in aircraft

Zyglo® is the preferred penetrant inspection method for the extremely sensitive fluorescent detection of cracks and surface discontinuities in ferrous & non-ferrous test materials.

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
15,720 Posts
KROIL is the best penetrant, hands down.

It's extremely cheap on my end.

I have friend that still work in the petro-chemical plants and KROIL is handed out by the case. :censored:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts