Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one have any experience with this make and model winch? I've been researching winches for my 2038r to pull out (uphill) red oak off my property for future wood boiler project. I've got three acres of 90% oak in the 12-20" diameter range, mostly on a slope with one or two benches, one up top behind the house and one just about dead center of the plot. My plan is to winch some up top for processing, and to clear the bench in the center, turning that into my main processing spot in the future.

I was pretty set on a Norse 350 for the hinged butt plate but the dealer is out of stock. Looked at Wallenstein, but too pricey. Then I started looking on ebay because PayPal credit was having a limited 0% 24month financing deal and I found this and bought it. https://www.ebay.com/itm/7840-lbs-Forestry-Winch-FREE-SHIPPING-LIMITED-TIME/173240005366?hash=item2855e8b2f6:g:XXEAAOSwNnRYhrw1

What really caught my eye was the description "Winch uses a brake strap around the drum rated to over 10 tonnes. It`s perfectly safe to leave your logs attached to the cable to drive them out instead of removing them and attaching the chains to the side of the winch. No other brand using the cheaper sprocket style with a mechanical brake allows you to do this. Not Farmi, not Wallenstein, not Fransgard nor Norse...."

Attachments

Reactions: keane

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
My FX85, and every other major brand skidding winch I've ever seen has the ability to lock the drum and skid with the cable with the pawl system.

That guy obviously bought a container full of winches, but is he going to exist in 5 years when my Wally warranty on the clutch expires? Will you be able to fix it if he's out of the business when you need a part?

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
My FX85, and every other major brand skidding winch I've ever seen has the ability to lock the drum and skid with the cable with the pawl system.

That guy obviously bought a container full of winches, but is he going to exist in 5 years when my Wally warranty on the clutch expires? Will you be able to fix it if he's out of the business when you need a part?
I did my due diligence. Agricultural and forestry tractors in Quebec. Been in business 35yrs and carry quite a few high end forestry specific manufacturers. Krpan is not fly by night either. https://m.youtube.com/watch?t=6s&v=GSPwgkGCOSU

Reactions: 69project

·
Registered
108 Posts
After all the research I did I'm going with a Tajfun. Waiting to see how this tax year settles out. Got hit hard. Dealer is local to you and a very nice guy.

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Received my Krpan 3,5E skid winch. Pics attached to my 2038r, this is the last time this machine will look this clean and new! :laugh:

Very well built and powder coat paint job! We'll see how it performs in the woods.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
Keep us updated

Received my Krpan 3,5E skid winch. Pics attached to my 2038r, this is the last time this machine will look this clean and new! :laugh:

Very well built and powder coat paint job! We'll see how it performs in the woods.
Give an update when you get a chance to use it.

Treefarmer

·
Registered
1,262 Posts

This is 2 years later and I wanted to ask you how you liked your KRPAN winch?
Also what did you pay for it?
Did you make any video's of it in action?

Reactions: ridesdirt
1 - 8 of 8 Posts