1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts

·
Administrator
17,976 Posts
I'll do my own recap of the major things I don't like about them:

-The joystick the is mounted up front and sticks up like a coatrack, no thought of ergonomics with that one...does it come with BenGay for your sore shoulder?
-The crazy bucket design that is a PITA to put hooks on, and no QA so you can use forks or a grapple easily.
-The way the FEL and MMM attach, not even in the same league as JD.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
They compared the price on a BX1860 to the price of a 1023E and 1026R. Of course the price is lower........it's 3/4 the tractor!

I also don't like the single cylinder on the loader.......and the fact that it's orange. Coming from an ex GI.........you need to blend into your environment! :laugh:

·
Registered
732 Posts
They compared the price on a BX1860 to the price of a 1023E and 1026R. Of course the price is lower........it's 3/4 the tractor!

I also don't like the single cylinder on the loader.......and the fact that it's orange. Coming from an ex GI.........you need to blend into your environment! :laugh:
Pylons are orange.

Just saying. :lol:

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
These are all hilarious but true points guys .....lol...:laugh:
The floppy hood things a little old as well....

·
Administrator
20,692 Posts
You have to compare straight across the board. Not one feature against another from different models for every feature. Stupid....

Kubota only has one real benefit that I could see as beneficial. 1" of extra ground clearance/stronger front axle. No thanks if it exposes the steering cylinder to damage. The front axle on the JD works great and has plenty of capacity.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Funny how the selling point is a curved boom over square. But mentions nothing about how that is an advantage.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Those orange tractors turn pink after awhile in the sun :laugh: I personally hate that loader stick position!

I'm tired of hearing the metal vs Deere plastic "flimsy" hood thing. My Can Am quad is plastic as are all other ATV's. if its good enough for my all terrain vehicle that goes through anything, I think it will do fine on my Deere that doesn't see near the abuse.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Kubota makes good stuff, but they really do not understand what a tractor is, and needs to be.

Of course Kubota totally ignores the obvious differentiation, that between the two, the Deere is closer to not being a lawnmower, with it's 200lb weight advantage.

Push either, with ground engaging implements, and that 200lb advantage shows up quick with less slippage, and less undulation on the drive line from the slip/grab cycle. Not to mention when weight is added, the Deere still comes out ahead of the game.

Push both with FEL loads at max weight, and that 200lbs can mean the difference between needing the ROPs, or the wife nagging about having to bleach your skivvies again.

Just sayin'.

·
Premium Member
7,720 Posts
A buddy of mine has a Kubota BX25D that he's happy with; but there are no Deere dealers on The Rock (Newfoundland); otherwise I'll bet he'd be driving green instead of orange.

For me Kubota's ergonomics and lighter weight are showstoppers, and it doesn't help that there aren't as many dealers to choose from where I live.

Now on the plus side of the video...the chickie driving the 'bota in the video was easy on the eyes.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Now on the plus side of the video...the chickie was the only thing I noticed and nothing more and she was easy on the eyes.
Fixed it for ya. Oh, and I totally agree. :laugh:

·
Registered
117 Posts
The rocker pedal for reverse, the uncomfortable seat and the thin floor mat turned me away. Plus Deere gave me better trade on existing equipment.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts