Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello i am deciding to work on the b6200 after all. where can i get just the throw out bearing and is it easy to change? I wnat to have things lined up before teardown thanks!

·
Registered
715 Posts
Hello i am deciding to work on the b6200 after all. where can i get just the throw out bearing and is it easy to change? I wnat to have things lined up before teardown thanks!
Rule #1 of clutch work is that you always replace everything. Bearing, pilot bushing, disc and pressure plate.
Rule #2 of clutch work is that you always replace everything. Bearing, pilot bushing, disc and pressure plate.
Rule #3 you don't talk about fight club.

Google "b6200 clutch kit" and you'll find lots of places to buy the parts. There is one on eBay for $150.

Al

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Theres all sorts of videos on Youtube about this. Just do a search and watch away.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you i will take your advice!

·
Registered
715 Posts
The reason why you replace everything is because there is so much labor involved in separating an engine from a transmission. So unless you're taking things apart because you screwed up a repair made yesterday (I once put a disc in backwards and that made the tractor pretty much useless), best practice is to replace it all and get the full lifetime out of a clutch assembly before you have to do it again.

Al

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok got it apart clutch and bearing seem to be new, but the shaft is not centered. When i pulled it out all that was holding it halfway centered was the disc. Am i missing a bushing or is the bearing to big>? :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

0416182041a.jpg

0416182041.jpg

0416182039.jpg

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This has turned into a very easy job! About a .5 hrs worth of work to split. the clutch is like new and does not have a pilot bushing:gaah: got one of those ordered and cant wait to put it in!:good2:

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
This has turned into a very easy job! About a .5 hrs worth of work to split. the clutch is like new and does not have a pilot bushing:gaah: got one of those ordered and cant wait to put it in!:good2:
Back in 1983, a guy GAVE me a 2 year old 12 HP Cub Cadet garden tractor, with mower and blade,,
because it had developed a "horrible vibration",,, :dunno:
He was convinced the engine was shot,,,:flag_of_truce:

I got it home, took out the clutch, the pilot bushing was gone,,
I guess the vibration destroyed it, once it started to wear,,
I spent $2 for a new one, pressed it in the engine, and reassembled it,,

That was the nicest mowing Cub Cadet I ever owned,,,

BUT, someone with TOO much money wanted it more than me,,,,:laugh:

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow sounds like me but i am sure this one is rougher:mocking:

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok so i pulled the fly wheel off and looks like it has part of a bushing still in but the pilot bushing is to small to fit in the fly wheel.Suggestions????

·
Registered
10,270 Posts
ok so i pulled the fly wheel off and looks like it has part of a bushing still in but the pilot bushing is to small to fit in the fly wheel.Suggestions????
Is the bushing part number 66621-14120?

Specs below.

ID: .550
OD: .633
Width: .586

·
Registered
715 Posts
Picture? Sounds like you have the wrong part. Does it fit on the pilot shaft?

Al

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Is the bushing part number 66621-14120?

Specs below.

ID: .550
OD: .633
Width: .586
Yes this is the one.... Would it be to wallowed out? It was run 6 yrs @100 hrs per year like this:hide:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts