Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may have goofed. I’ve purchased a 2016 Kubota RTV 500 with 200 hours. Previous owner said machine was up to date on service. It was also running great. However, I went ahead and decided to replace the engine air filters (inner and outer), engine oil and filter as well as both hydraulic filters and hydraulic oil just to be safe. I went to the local Kubota dealership and purchased the supplies they recommended for the 200 hour service. The maintenance seemed easy - no problems until I tried to run the RTV.

The RTV will start and no maintenance lights appear — a good sign. But, it runs horrible (on the verge of dying while at idle). If I put the RTV in neutral and give it some gas, it’ll run but sounds rough. If it put the RTV in gear and give it gas, it’ll die.

Here’s the only item I can think of — manual calls for two different hydraulic filters, one yellow and one orange. The Transmission oil filter (HST) is Yellow and the Transmission oil filter (Suction) is Orange color. I’m wondering if the wrong transmission oil filter (Suctiom) would cause this problem? The new Kubota filter was white but the original Kubota filter was orange. Is there a website where one can find a crosswalk between old/new Kubota filter part numbers?

No fuel filters were replace nor was the fuel line touched — don’t think this has to do with the fuel system.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
You spelled John Deere wrong :laugh:

Besides that I can’t help. Sorry.

·
Super Moderator
4,844 Posts
I

Here’s the only item I can think of — manual calls for two different hydraulic filters, one yellow and one orange. The Transmission oil filter (HST) is Yellow and the Transmission oil filter (Suction) is Orange color. I’m wondering if the wrong transmission oil filter (Suctiom) would cause this problem? The new Kubota filter was white but the original Kubota filter was orange. Is there a website where one can find a crosswalk between old/new Kubota filter part numbers?

No fuel filters were replace nor was the fuel line touched — don’t think this has to do with the fuel system.
Messisk's shows that the original hydro filter (the Orange one) is part number HHK71-14080. That part number has been replaced by part number HHK72-14080 which is a white filter can.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Make sure there isn't something in air cleaner housing like a rag or something left my mistake. Pull one of the air filters off and try running it as well. Not driving around obviously.

·
Administrator
17,103 Posts
I don't see how a hydraulic filter would make the engine run rough or stall.

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
I don't see how a hydraulic filter would make the engine run rough or stall.
Well, it is a Kubota after all:mocking:

·
Registered
927 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
......No fuel filters were replace nor was the fuel line touched — don’t think this has to do with the fuel system.
Have you experienced a cold snap in the weather?

Perhaps changing the fuel filters, top off the tank with fresh fuel and use a fuel additive to the tank will help?

It is always best to keep the tank full of fuel and use an additive in winter months to eleviate condensation in the tank. Also use ethanol free fuel.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I may have goofed. I’ve purchased a 2016 Kubota RTV 500 with 200 hours. Previous owner said machine was up to date on service. It was also running great. However, I went ahead and decided to replace the engine air filters (inner and outer), engine oil and filter as well as both hydraulic filters and hydraulic oil just to be safe. I went to the local Kubota dealership and purchased the supplies they recommended for the 200 hour service. The maintenance seemed easy - no problems until I tried to run the RTV.

The RTV will start and no maintenance lights appear — a good sign. But, it runs horrible (on the verge of dying while at idle). If I put the RTV in neutral and give it some gas, it’ll run but sounds rough. If it put the RTV in gear and give it gas, it’ll die.

did you remove the plastic bag the air filter comes in before you installed it ?.... cuz it sounds like a air or fuel starvation issue

1 - 10 of 10 Posts