Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.
I've searched for hours on the web and here and could not find an answer.
I thought it would be pretty easy to find the answer to my questions, but that isn't the case.
I'm sure this has happened before, right?

I am new to the tractor scene. I inherited the L110 lawn tractor.

Today, while mowing, I stopped it while running and just got off. The seat safety thing was activated and the mower shut down.
I was aware if the feature, but didn't know that it was a bad thing and would screw it up. I tried starting it again and there is absolutely no power.

How does one fix my problem?

·
Registered
801 Posts
Js, If by "absolutely no power" you mean you turn key to "Start" and nothing, there are 5 items in the start circuit: 20 amp fuse, ignition switch, pto switch, brake switch, and the starting solenoid.

Let me first say that I don't have an L100 and what I'm about to say is based on info found on an L100 wiring diagram found online.

Fuse: You should have 4 positions on your key switch: off, run with lights, run without lights, and start. If you are 100% certain that your headlights work, turn key one position...that would be the 2nd position of the switch..., lights should come on (3rd & 4th, no lights).

Ignition switch: Other than a meter, there's no way to verify this is good or bad.

PTO switch: Verify this is "Off"...tractor will NOT crank with pto "On"

Brake switch: Brake must be set/depressed for engine to crank. Looseness in pedal or linkage will often result in this switch not being activated.

Start solenoid: Locate terminal on solenoid with purple wire. Remove wire and put volt meter into wire connector. Turn key to "Start" and if you have 12 volts DC, solenoid is bad. An "el cheapo" volt meter can be bought at box stores for around $30.

I'm thinking that your problem is probably the pto switch is still on or a problem with the brake switch. Bob

Reactions: OxPath

·
Registered
69 Posts
My first thought is that the PTO is engaged. I have managed to do that a few times over the years.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Reactions: kylew

·
Super Moderator
5,576 Posts
First off :gtfam:

As posted if PTO was still (on) the tractor will turn off when you went to get off, and if brake wasn't set, it will turn off. I'm assuming the L's are like the X Series, and are all pretty much the same in this respect.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You guys are awesome

I got it fixed! I tried so many combinations of moving the PTO bar (yes I have swing bar not a button) and using the parking break and clutch and eventually I saw the light go on and knew it was fixed.

There is this unmarked yellow button that I thought had something to do with it. I think after googling it, it is a reverse option to mow while in reverse.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I got it fixed! I tried so many combinations of moving the PTO bar (yes I have swing bar not a button) and using the parking break and clutch and eventually I saw the light go on and knew it was fixed.

There is this unmarked yellow button that I thought had something to do with it. I think after googling it, it is a reverse option to mow while in reverse.
The yellow button must be pushed to back up in reverse with the mower running. I put a jumper wire on the terminals of it's wires on my L110. I found it really annoying. L110s were only made 2 or 3 years. Mine has been trouble free.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Reactions: glc
1 - 6 of 6 Posts