Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a John Deere L110 riding mower. At the end of last year I started having problems starting. Sometimes it would start no Robles, shut it ofvand no electrical power at all. This week I installed a new ignition switch and battery. Nothing. The lights also do not come on when the ignition switch is moved to that position. The only thing that works is engine hour run time. Checked the fuse by the battery, 15amp and looks ok. Stumped

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
Electrical on anything can be a hair puller.Check the you have a good ground,next check the battery cables themselves.I had a positive cable that looked fine but when I peeled the casing back a bit it was all green.Power for light but not for the starter.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Electrical on anything can be a hair puller.Check the you have a good ground,next check the battery cables themselves.I had a positive cable that looked fine but when I peeled the casing back a bit it was all green.Power for light but not for the starter.
I agree with TJR345, if that cable shows any kind of corrosion, replace it. Check both ends of the battery cable, if there is anything on the connections clean it off and apply a little dielectric grease before reconnecting. Check the solenoid connections, then the starter connections. Good Luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts