Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of weeks ago I was mowing the yard and when I turned on the mower blades I heard a loud squealing sound coming from the front of the tractor. I replaced the mower deck belt and the sound stayed exactly the same. The spindles were replaced last year. Any thoughts on what could be causing the noise? Could it be the PTO?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
109 Posts
It sounds like the belt to me. My 110 did that every time. It varied on how long and loud the squeal would last. I do not believe any damage is being done. Its just a matter of the belt getting caught up to your spindle speeds. A few things you can do to minimize the startup squeal is to ensure your under deck is clean and clear of debris. The only other thing I can think of since your replace date spindles and belt is to make sure your tensioning spring is proving enough tension. I never replaced mine over 250 hours of use but I would guess it could be a bad one or just getting weak.

Clean, Lube, Check Tension?

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
Check the idler pulleys also.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Does it just happen upon engaging the PTO? I have never had a mower that didn't squeal for a second when switching on the PTO

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts