Green Tractor Talk banner

L110 won’t start with the key

5196 11
this is an older mower that I was gifted . My first John Deer . I put a new solenoid in it and it will start by using a screwdriver to jump across the solenoid but not the key . The key works the lights and shuts down the engine but won’t start it . Could it be the seat switch??
Thanks in advance for your knowledge.
JP
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
It could be any of the interlocks (seat, mower deck, reverse/neutral, etc.). It could also be the ignition switch. You should be able to verify the seat switch with an ohm meter or continuity tester. Do you have access to either one?
this is an older mower that I was gifted . My first John Deer . I put a new solenoid in it and it will start by using a screwdriver to jump across the solenoid but not the key . The key works the lights and shuts down the engine but won’t start it . Could it be the seat switch??
Thanks in advance for your knowledge.
JP
Reactions: gdow
Just to confirm, you have 12V on the starter solenoid coil purple wire?

Well the switch didn’t do it . I do have 12 volts on the purple wire . Now I am lost again.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.