Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had a L111 mower for about 4 years. Towards the end of last summer, I noticed that uncut/uneven grass was being left from the right side of the mowing deck. I replaced the blades which didn't change anything. I bought a new belt from a John Deere dealer yesterday though when I installed it, it was too big and just falls off the pulleys. Before I go and get another belt, is there anything else that can be causing this problem?

·
Administrator
17,265 Posts
Welcome to DT:bye:

Any unusual vibration? A bent spindle can cause that...

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
If it is a thin steel deck I have seen where the deck itself is bent, thus yielding a crooked spindle, thus blade. I installed a long bar into the spindle and bent it back to true. You will have to look close as this is not any easy thing to just look at and see.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
I had a similar problem with my L118 and it is the mounting supports on the deck. No matter how tight I get those bolts, the deck will never stay level, it will last for 1/2 of the yard. :( It is just part of the mowing chore now.

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
I had a similar problem with my L118 and it is the mounting supports on the deck. No matter how tight I get those bolts, the deck will never stay level, it will last for 1/2 of the yard. :( It is just part of the mowing chore now.
You have to level your deck TWICE every time you mow?!?!?!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts