Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tractor belongs to my daughter, 300 miles away. It had fresh gas in it and mowed fine 4 times after repair shop replaced head gasket. Now it will make 2 laps of her 1/2 acre lot running fine and then start misfiring and losing power. It will continue to run rough and sometimes stall but will easily restart.

Tractor will continue to roun rough unless it is allowed to cool completely. Shop has picked it up twice and they say it runs fine for them. I don't think they are running it long enough and cutting grass with it.

Fuel filter and spark plug have been changed-no help. I am thinking coil, anyone have any other ideas?

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Tractor belongs to my daughter, 300 miles away. It had fresh gas in it and mowed fine 4 times after repair shop replaced head gasket. Now it will make 2 laps of her 1/2 acre lot running fine and then start misfiring and losing power. It will continue to run rough and sometimes stall but will easily restart.

Tractor will continue to roun rough unless it is allowed to cool completely. Shop has picked it up twice and they say it runs fine for them. I don't think they are running it long enough and cutting grass with it.

Fuel filter and spark plug have been changed-no help. I am thinking coil, anyone have any other ideas?

Any kind of blue smoke coming from the exhaust or crankcase? If so it could be the head gasket went out again. Maybe because the head was warped. They should have used a straight edge tool to check the head and cylinder before going back together with it. If either part is warped no amount of head gaskets will fix it. There is also the possibility that the parts were not properly cleaned before reassembly.

If you think it is spark related. Have her pick up a cheep spark checking tool. Then run the engine until it acts up. Install the tool to verify if this is the problem.

·
Premium Member
1,127 Posts
Maybe check the fuel cap for clogs ? :dunno:

·
Registered
7 Posts
The coil sounds likely to me, she could try hosing it with "Dust Off" once it starts running bad to instantly cool it down. Tell her not to invert the can, the liquid is cold enough to crack the coil housing!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts