Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a L120 with a brigges 20 H.P. The gas filter has very little gas in it. At times it won't start, when it does start it runs good. It still has little gas in the filter. I replaced fuel pump, checked the vacuum hose, checked the gas cap vent, the line from the gas tank is open. Any help would be great.

·
Premium Member
12,639 Posts
The level is fuel in the filter may not be the issue. I have two lawn tractors, one with a single cylinder B&S that is gravity fed and one with a 2-cylinder Kawasaki that has a fuel pump. On both of them the little bullet-style fuel filter is always less than 1/2 full of fuel.

·
Super Moderator
5,576 Posts
:gtfam:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Had the same problem on my L118. I would have to pull the fuel line off the back of the fuel filter and with a metal tube blow air into it. When I heard a burp or bubble sound in the gas tank I would put the fuel line back on and the fuel would flow like normal. The problem, a little settlement in the bottom of the fuel tank that hampered the flow of the fuel. All I need to do was empty the tank clean it and problem solved but I was lazy and planning to replace the mower with a lawn tractor and bought a X595 the next season.

Maybe this is a problem with yours, try it and see if it works before you start pulling parts off and replacing costly things. If it is just pull the fuel line from under the fuel tank and flush it out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts