Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For unknown reasons (for now), the 20A fuse to the battery melted in place. I'm having difficulty finding a replacement part.

The catalog shows it as #28 below:
http://jdpc.deere.com/pimages/0002/0002850948____________A1.gif

However, it has no part #

28 ...... Fuse Holder 1 Includes 20 AMP Fuse

Suggestions on replacement part? I would just expect a fuse holder with two wires, but this one has three, so I'm thinking there's a reason to keep to factory replacement.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Any fuse holder for a blade fuse will do. There's no part number because it's part of the whole harness. Just go to any auto parts store and get an inline fuse holder. They just piggy backed another wire in with it that's why it has 3 wires. Connect wires to new fuse holder and all is well.
Melting could have been caused by bad/ loose/corroded conection.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any fuse holder for a blade fuse will do. There's no part number because it's part of the whole harness. Just go to any auto parts store and get an inline fuse holder. They just piggy backed another wire in with it that's why it has 3 wires. Connect wires to new fuse holder and all is well.
Melting could have been caused by bad/ loose/corroded conection.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk
Excellent, and that makes sense. Thank you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a John Deere 145 automatic. The deck quit working, I've replaced the seat safety, brake safety, PTO switch, new fuse, new clutch, still nothing. Can someone tell me what this part is please. I'm very sorry for jumping in like this. Part# 095

1 - 4 of 4 Posts