Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had the wires to the PTO Clutch burn out on me after they were leaning on the PTO Clutch shutting down the deck . The tractor still works. I just replaced the whole wire harness and now when i pull the PTO switch the deck does not even move HELP!!

·
Administrator
20,466 Posts
Welcome to GTT!

Did you replace the entire wiring harness or just the clutch part? I'm thinking there is a fuse somewhere you need to check and/or replace.

:wgtt:

·
Administrator
20,466 Posts
Have you checked the clutch? If you have a volt meter you can check across the wires to the clutch for an open circuit or short.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Have you checked the clutch? If you have a volt meter you can check across the wires to the clutch for an open circuit or short.
I would check the switch. When those machines first camer out, we would have people coming in with switches with melted spots on them. This was caused by the clutch shorting out and overheating the switch.

·
Administrator
20,466 Posts
:wgtt: Billy! Great to have a career John Deere guy on as a member! :good2:

·
Premium Member
7,438 Posts
I had the same problem with my L130. It's a combination of the clutch going bad, which overheats and fries the PTO switch. With mine it was obvious the clutch went bad as the wire connector at the clutch was literally fried. When the clutch/switch goes bad, it also blows the machine's sole 20-amp fuse.

Replace the clutch and switch and you'll be back in business.

Take a look from this picture forward. https://picasaweb.google.com/110106108324823291002/JohnDeereL130Misc#5382692278412032866

1 - 7 of 7 Posts