Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rubber bagger latch snapped during use, I ordered a new one but cant figure out how to get the old fastener out so I can put the new one in place. Any ideas?
ill post a picture of the fastener from above and below so you guys can see what im talking about.
1st pic shows fastener from top with the replacement latch next to it.
2nd pic shows it from the bottom, located inside the top of the bagger.
3rd pic shows it from the side, you can see the broken off piece in there.

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
I had to replace the strap that holds the two shoots together. That was a royal pain. I never got in on fully, but it has held for over a year. Let me look at the strap on mine when I get home and I will let you know if I see anything that can help.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Any answers on this one? I have the exact same problem. I can't figure out how I'm supposed to get the old broken latch out without destroying the bagger cover.

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
Sorry I don't have a bagger but I noticed the hole in the bottom side in your 2nd pic. Have you tried to poke anything in the hole to see if it is some kind of release?

Sent from my iPhone

·
Registered
37 Posts
Sorry for not getting back to you a few months ago. I just went out and looked at mine. It looked like it was pressed in. I would just cut it off with a hack saw or sawsall and attache it with washers and a nut and bolt. one of them nuts with the nylon in it so you don't have to tighten it all the way and squeeze the rubber. Or idealy a sleeve the with of the rubber piece.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It is a rivet. Drill it out or grind it off. Replace with short machine screw with washer and locking nut.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts