Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am at wits end with my 15 year old LA110. It was running fine. I refilled the gas, and suddenly it started giving off black smoke and lost power, and would shake/rattle/bang when engaging the mower PTO. So, I figured surely the gas had to be bad or the filter clogged. I took the filter off and sure enough it was full of gunk. So I cleaned it out and reinstalled it, and after that it cranks endlessly but will not start.

Here it what I have tried:

Drained and replaced fuel with fresh different gas.
Pulled gas line off carb and verified fuel is flowing into carb
Cleaned out air filter
Verified getting spark
Turned engine by hand and verified getting compression
Verified gas is getting into the cylinder (spark plug is wet)
Attempted to start with starter fluid into air intake
Attempted to start with starter fluid directly into cylinder
Attempted to start with both battery and jumped from car

None of the above has any effect.

Anyone have any notions?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Welcome to the group. So when you crank, does it attempt to fire or run? First I would actually install a new or known good plug. Flywheel keys can sheer, and the center of the flywheel actually crack. You just have to remove the center and bolt to check. No Joy? Remove the rocker cover and check the rockers, push rods, valve lift.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the group. So when you crank, does it attempt to fire or run? First I would actually install a new or known good plug. Flywheel keys can sheer, and the center of the flywheel actually crack. You just have to remove the center and bolt to check. No Joy? Remove the rocker cover and check the rockers, push rods, valve lift.
Thanks!

It does not attempt to fire or run. I'll let you know my progress after a new spark plug and check the flywheel and valves.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.