Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently replaced the battery in my LA 130. I would have to charge the old battery before every use. Now the new battery has run down, but it only happens when I am mowing (engine running). What could be the problem? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
I would guess the voltage regulator. Charge your battery back up. Then take a voltage reading across the battery terminals while the tractor is not running, should be around 12v. Next, start the tractor and take a voltage reading, should be somewhere between 13-14v. If it is not than the alternator is not charging the battery.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Sounds like the charging system may not be working. Powering the PTO clutch (electric) is probably killing the battery. As stated change & check the battery. Should be no lower than 12.7v. Start the engine & check again. Should be no lower than 14.1v. Turn on the PTO (safely) then head lights. Voltage should stay above 13v. You want to test with the engine at full throttle. If at any time the reading drops below your starting battery voltage it's got a problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts