Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I know for some of you this will be over the top. But, I have found it to be a big help to label my storage areas. My drawer cabinets and my garden equipment all have labels explaining their homes. I use the Dymo 350D Label Manager and it uses different label widths and fonts. I really like it.

http://global.dymo.com/enHK/Products/LabelManager_350D.html

Attachments

·
Registered
733 Posts
Cant say I label "everything" but my fastener bins (Just like your yellow ones, except mine are Blue..Fastenal). are labeled...we have a RhinoPro 5000 here in the office

·
Administrator
18,298 Posts
I'm a label freak also, I have a Brother P-Touch...even all the light switches in my house are labeled! And all the outlets in the shop as well with the panel and breaker numbers. Here is the sub-panel in the pole barn:

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
Whew! You guys make me feel like an amateur! I get kidded all the time for putting on labels and the fact that I arrange everything (bolts for example) by size. I hand print onto pre-made inserts that go into magnetic label holders. Kind of handy since I change my mind where I want stuff every so often. Many things I keep in clear containers so I can see what I have. Seems I tend to forget what I have and go out and buy more but I bet no one else has that problem.....:lol:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,920 Posts
I need Randy to come and organize my garage and pigsty shop!

I use a Brother P-touch 2700 for my labels.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm a label freak also, I have a Brother P-Touch...even all the light switches in my house are labeled! And all the outlets in the shop as well with the panel and breaker numbers. Here is the sub-panel in the pole barn:
That is a great idea Kenny, I did mine a little different, a laminated excel spreadsheet.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Whew! You guys make me feel like an amateur! I get kidded all the time for putting on labels and the fact that I arrange everything (bolts for example) by size. I hand print onto pre-made inserts that go into magnetic label holders. Kind of handy since I change my mind where I want stuff every so often. Many things I keep in clear containers so I can see what I have. Seems I tend to forget what I have and go out and buy more but I bet no one else has that problem.....:lol:
Deputy, Looks like you have got nothing to be ashamed of. Nice work space.:good2:

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
I need to label my tool box. Also have some light switches labeled. This threads title is "labeling everything", is this going overboard ??

Pete

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I need to label my tool box. Also have some light switches labeled. This threads title is "labeling everything", is this going overboard ??

Pete
:laugh::laugh::laugh:Very good Pete, but that is getting very basic, would a name label be better, or is Cat its name. And it is not going overboard if you keep forgetting what it is.

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
Well, using the cats name would be reveling too much on the internet...

Beside, the cat _thinks_ she's a person and we are just the staff. So the label is to remind us all what she is.

A comment on using these styles of labelers: I've had good luck using them in "flag" mode on wires (mostly low voltage ones). I've tried to put them lengthwise on a coax, but they just un-wrap.

For light switches, I used a clear background, black letter tape. Our cover plates are white, it worked out good.

Pete

·
Registered
733 Posts
A comment on using these styles of labelers: I've had good luck using them in "flag" mode on wires (mostly low voltage ones). I've tried to put them lengthwise on a coax, but they just un-wrap.
The Rhino Pro we have has a "Wire Wrap" Function in it...you gotta use 3/4" wide label stock and you can then select the type of cable (Coax/Cat5/etc) and it prints out the text "sideways" repetedly so you can wrap a cable and the whole wrap is text so you can see it...pretty slick...
http://global.dymo.com/enAU/Solutions/Wire___Cable_Marking.html

Oh yah, they also sell Shrink tubing which goes into this labeler:

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Prior to my labeler my breaker panel needed identification. I used excel and had it laminated. Thought some of you may like an alternative.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Premium Member
7,920 Posts
Prior to my labeler my breaker panel needed identification. I used excel and had it laminated. Thought some of you may like an alternative.
I did something similar at my last house; but I kept the circuit identifier sheets in a plastic pocket inside breaker panel lift up door.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts