Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Premium Member
7,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I know for some of you this will be over the top. But, I have found it to be a big help to label my storage areas. My drawer cabinets and my garden equipment all have labels explaining their homes. I use the Dymo 350D Label Manager and it uses different label widths and fonts. I really like it.

http://global.dymo.com/enHK/Products/LabelManager_350D.html

Attachments

· Administrator
25,309 Posts
I'm a label freak also, I have a Brother P-Touch...even all the light switches in my house are labeled! And all the outlets in the shop as well with the panel and breaker numbers. Here is the sub-panel in the pole barn:

Attachments

· Registered
49 Posts
Whew! You guys make me feel like an amateur! I get kidded all the time for putting on labels and the fact that I arrange everything (bolts for example) by size. I hand print onto pre-made inserts that go into magnetic label holders. Kind of handy since I change my mind where I want stuff every so often. Many things I keep in clear containers so I can see what I have. Seems I tend to forget what I have and go out and buy more but I bet no one else has that problem.....:lol:

Attachments

· Premium Member
9,087 Posts
I need Randy to come and organize my garage and pigsty shop!

I use a Brother P-touch 2700 for my labels.

· Premium Member
7,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm a label freak also, I have a Brother P-Touch...even all the light switches in my house are labeled! And all the outlets in the shop as well with the panel and breaker numbers. Here is the sub-panel in the pole barn:
That is a great idea Kenny, I did mine a little different, a laminated excel spreadsheet.

· Premium Member
7,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Whew! You guys make me feel like an amateur! I get kidded all the time for putting on labels and the fact that I arrange everything (bolts for example) by size. I hand print onto pre-made inserts that go into magnetic label holders. Kind of handy since I change my mind where I want stuff every so often. Many things I keep in clear containers so I can see what I have. Seems I tend to forget what I have and go out and buy more but I bet no one else has that problem.....:lol:
Deputy, Looks like you have got nothing to be ashamed of. Nice work space.:good2:

· Premium Member
973 Posts
I need to label my tool box. Also have some light switches labeled. This threads title is "labeling everything", is this going overboard ??

Pete

Attachments

· Premium Member
7,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I need to label my tool box. Also have some light switches labeled. This threads title is "labeling everything", is this going overboard ??

Pete
:laugh::laugh::laugh:Very good Pete, but that is getting very basic, would a name label be better, or is Cat its name. And it is not going overboard if you keep forgetting what it is.

· Premium Member
973 Posts
Well, using the cats name would be reveling too much on the internet...

Beside, the cat _thinks_ she's a person and we are just the staff. So the label is to remind us all what she is.

A comment on using these styles of labelers: I've had good luck using them in "flag" mode on wires (mostly low voltage ones). I've tried to put them lengthwise on a coax, but they just un-wrap.

For light switches, I used a clear background, black letter tape. Our cover plates are white, it worked out good.

Pete

· Registered
1,030 Posts
A comment on using these styles of labelers: I've had good luck using them in "flag" mode on wires (mostly low voltage ones). I've tried to put them lengthwise on a coax, but they just un-wrap.
The Rhino Pro we have has a "Wire Wrap" Function in it...you gotta use 3/4" wide label stock and you can then select the type of cable (Coax/Cat5/etc) and it prints out the text "sideways" repetedly so you can wrap a cable and the whole wrap is text so you can see it...pretty slick...
http://global.dymo.com/enAU/Solutions/Wire___Cable_Marking.html

Oh yah, they also sell Shrink tubing which goes into this labeler:

· Premium Member
7,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Prior to my labeler my breaker panel needed identification. I used excel and had it laminated. Thought some of you may like an alternative.

Attachments

· Premium Member
9,087 Posts
Prior to my labeler my breaker panel needed identification. I used excel and had it laminated. Thought some of you may like an alternative.
I did something similar at my last house; but I kept the circuit identifier sheets in a plastic pocket inside breaker panel lift up door.

· Registered
3,307 Posts
Glad I am not alone in this outlet labeling. Mine dates back many years to my time in Navy ships, where everything was labeled (stenciled). I have assigned each individual circuit a letter, and each circuit breaker a number. And, I even label all of my wrenches, and where they should be stored. Plus every water faucet with the location of the nearest shutoff valve.
Rectangle Wood Wood stain Gas Font
Glasses Drinkware Barware Wood Glass bottle
Wood Bumper Gas Automotive exterior Tints and shades

1 - 17 of 17 Posts