Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those that will be off and enjoying the holiday, what's cooking? We'll likely have a house full so it's dogs, burgers, brats and sausage patties. Fresh maters, peppers and grilled squash from garden. Probably a few poblano peppers and jalapenos thrown on the grill to keep it honest! All cooked with pecan and cherry wood.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
Dogs and burgers here, keeping it simple and everyone brings a dish.

·
Administrator
17,300 Posts
Cooked these up tonight on the grill, had some friends over to help eat them:

image.jpg

Big cowboy ribeye steaks with homemade whiskey barbecue sauce:

image.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,725 Posts
Sunday night putting two pork butts in smoker around 10:00pm take out Monday morning and put in three racks baby back ribs then around 2 everybody shows up and the feed is on everybody be safe. Forgot that the dems are having there Labor Day pining including "Hillary" about a block away. The secret service was in neighborhood this morning and already closed the bike path down. Thinking about hooking up a outside speaker to drown them out. Should be interesting day

·
Premium Member
4,630 Posts
Making Sloppy Joes this morning and taking it over to Moms this afternoon.
Sloppy Joes? This from the man who posted the pictures of the Norman Rockwell picturesque baby back ribs? And here I expected at least a Prime Rib Roast, a couple pounds of Asparagus and a dozen corn on the cobb. :dunno:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,106 Posts
Sloppy Joes? This from the man who posted the pictures of the Norman Rockwell picturesque baby back ribs? And here I expected at least a Prime Rib Roast, a couple pounds of Asparagus and a dozen corn on the cobb. :dunno:
My Sloppy Joes are better than all that. :lol: :thumbup1gif:

·
Administrator
20,363 Posts
Careful Giz, your credibility is starting to slip. I've eaten quite a few slabs of prime rib and more than a couple Sloppy Joes. The best Sloppy Joe I ever ate won't hold a candle to even the worst piece of prime rib.
Really? You need THIS post to say his credibility is slipping?

I'll take this one and raise you a couple of thousand posts. :good2:

:lolol:

·
Premium Member
4,630 Posts
Really? You need THIS post to say his credibility is slipping?

I'll take this one and raise you a couple of thousand posts. :good2:

:lolol:
I realized early on, that besides being a Super Hero, Captain Traction is a national treasure. He is, however, a bit accident prone and unintentionally self destructive at times, not to mention that he has a flair for self deprecating comedy. I was very unexpectedly awakened in the middle of the night a few months ago with the overpowering premonition that I was destined to be his protector, mentor and unofficial apologist.

I have taken that sacred duty seriously; thus it is not my intention to disparage his reputation or damage his self esteem, but to gently guide his genius back on track when it inadvertently, and inevitably, wanders, and to soften and mitigate some of the harsh and often undeserved criticism that comes his way, notwithstanding that he hails from some place called Mexico New York.

Hang in there, Giz! :laugh:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,106 Posts
I realized early on, that besides being a Super Hero, Captain Traction is a national treasure. He is, however, a bit accident prone and unintentionally self destructive at times, not to mention that he has a flair for self deprecating comedy. I was very unexpectedly awakened in the middle of the night a few months ago with the overpowering premonition that I was destined to be his protector, mentor and unofficial apologist.

I have taken that sacred duty seriously; thus it is not my intention to disparage his reputation or damage his self esteem, but to gently guide his genius back on track when it inadvertently, and inevitably, wanders, and to soften and mitigate some of the harsh and often undeserved criticism that comes his way, notwithstanding that he hails from some place called Mexico New York.

Hang in there, Giz! :laugh:
I think I like it. Don't have a clue what you just said but I think I like it. :lol:

·
Official "Groovie" Dude
5,663 Posts

Hang in there, Giz!
Sounds like a full-time job.

Enjoy your Labor Day everyone, I think we need it.

·
Administrator
20,363 Posts
I can feel the barometric pressure changing due to the swelling of Gizmo's head. :mocking:

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
Rib eyes & tators (sliced 1/4 - 3/8" thick w/ oleo, salt & pepper, wrapped in foil one layer deep) are on the grille, okra was floured & is being fried in bacon grease! Also served with fresh mators.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts