Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:unknown: OK, I am confused, I am noticing the membership is increasing daily. BUT, where is the participation? :unknown: We don't even get new introductions. Do we have one person registering multiple times and not contributing to this great site? :unknown: And I would like to thank the ones that are adding to our fun.:good2:

Hanging in there.

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
Many of the new guys are not posting and we are getting our share of spammers signing up. 99% of those posts are deleted immediatly by our server.:morning2:

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm patiently waiting for the rush of posts :mocking:

It's too bad you don't have a sense of humor.:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Many of the new guys are not posting and we are getting our share of spammers signing up. 99% of those posts are deleted immediatly by our server.:morning2:
Please enlighten me, spammers? What are they after, free advertising? This may also explain some of the funny looking user names.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Please enlighten me, spammers? What are they after, free advertising? This may also explain some of the funny looking user names.
I setup a spam filter which doesn't allow most of the spam posts to show up until an admin has read them .. the more successful we become, the more spammers with strange names will hit us.
One of the annoying facts of life on the WWW

But thanks for all the support you regulars provide in making this place a success :good2:

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
They all have something GOOD for all of us and need to get the word out...LMAO....

I can send you some of the ads if you like...:munch::tongue:

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Bringing this one to the top. I was asked in a PM how to get more participation. I do not have an answer. Does anyone?

We would really like to here form all of you. :thumbup1gif: Don't be shy.:empathy:

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
I solemly swear to post and contribute to the best of my knowledge (I have an 8 lb brain) :D when this blasted heat slows down......I'm in full swamp,git it done,nuttin but a**holes and elbows until it sdown. (I'm in the hvac industry and taking "no cooling" calls daily,while trying to install walk-in freezers/coolers in 5 different schools up to 105 miles away........makes for some looooooong days.

but I eat this stuff up and cant wait to check out the site daily and look for new posts....

I did finally give up and till my garden under....too dry nd not getting enough to make it worthwhile :(

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
I hear ya, RG. This is a crazy time for all service trades. I was on a service call, yesterday, 150 miles, one way. Nearly to Arkansas. I could see the levy that follows the state line. To make things more fun, it was an asphalt paver. Not a shade tree in sight. Must have been 140 degrees on that machine. Got home about 7:30. Got up at 4:00 to do it all again. All of you guys, working outdoors, be safe and stay cool.

sent from my cell via tapatalk

·
Registered
176 Posts
:unknown: OK, I am confused, I am noticing the membership is increasing daily. BUT, where is the participation? :unknown: We don't even get new introductions. Do we have one person registering multiple times and not contributing to this great site? :unknown: And I would like to thank the ones that are adding to our fun.:good2:

Hanging in there.

All forums and internet traffic is down by 50% or more from what I am observing. School is out and lots of people are on vacation and playing with the kids. It will pick up in Oct or Nov. Ken Sweet

·
Premium Member
9,065 Posts
All forums and internet traffic is down by 50% or more from what I am observing. School is out and lots of people are on vacation and playing with the kids. It will pick up in Oct or Nov. Ken Sweet
When I was a kid, the owner of the local hobby shop I patronized said summer was his slow period for the reasons Ken mentioned. As usual I was the oddball as I preferred my models and slot cars and model rockets to traditional summertime activities.

·
Registered
115 Posts

Hanging in there.
Be careful what you wish for! When I finally get this 2520 home I'm gonna wear you guys out with questions..... :tongue:

I'm already wearing out the JD Parts page trying to figure out what bushings I need to yank that MMM mount off for the winter!

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Be careful what you wish for! When I finally get this 2520 home I'm gonna wear you guys out with questions..... :tongue:

I'm already wearing out the JD Parts page trying to figure out what bushings I need to yank that MMM mount off for the winter!
EXCELLENT! Keep the questions coming. You made a great up grade and won't regret it.

·
Registered
771 Posts
If I had newer equipment I would be able to help/participate more...I'm out in left field when it comes to newer equipment problems and solutions.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts