Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Grader scrapper (land plane) arrived today. I just lifted it off the truck at the new house. It was a suprise I would get it today, the dealer called and said he had it and could drop this afternoon so I said good deal.

It came with the top quickhitch bushing I just have to put the lowers in. I think I have some at the house as long as they are under 2 inches long. Can’t wait to go try it.

31F387BA-82A2-4B43-9038-453F1050ABF8.jpeg

83F09E45-D104-43F8-9A25-692893B2CCE6.jpeg

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
They just wanted to get it off the lot ASAP because of the color lol.

Just joking. It will still do the same job. I can’t wait till my place dries up so i can try out my landplane and see you what it does.

·
Super Moderator
2,585 Posts
Grader scrapper (land plane) arrived today. I just lifted it off the truck at the new house. It was a suprise I would get it today, the dealer called and said he had it and could drop this afternoon so I said good deal.

It came with the top quickhitch bushing I just have to put the lowers in. I think I have some at the house as long as they are under 2 inches long.
A bandsaw or grinder can make them less than 2" long.:good2:

Nice land plane BTW

·
Premium Member
1,162 Posts

It came with the top quickhitch bushing I just have to put the lowers in. I think I have some at the house as long as they are under 2 inches long. Can’t wait to go try it.

View attachment 666000

View attachment 666002
That’s a nice implement, sure to be enjoyed.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
I have a 60” land plane, easy and very much fun to use......enjoy
Mine is the same color and it still works :hide:

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
They just wanted to get it off the lot ASAP because of the color lol.

Just joking. It will still do the same job. I can’t wait till my place dries up so i can try out my landplane and see you what it does.
I am thinking light sanding and JD Green next spring when it’s warmer.

I went with the Land Pride since they had one setup just for SCUTs and they had scarifiers unlike the Frontier.

I have 1,300 feet of drive plus a huge gravel area between the house and shop.

·
Premium Member
13,820 Posts
I am thinking light sanding and JD Green next spring when it’s warmer.

I went with the Land Pride since they had one setup just for SCUTs and they had scarifiers unlike the Frontier.

I have 1,300 feet of drive plus a huge gravel area between the house and shop.
It sure looks like it will do a nice job, green or orange, I like the fact that the Land Pride has scarifiers. :good2:

·
Registered
12,618 Posts
Meagerhair---boy what i would of gave for such a nice grader.......

here's what i used at our old place, behind my jd 50

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/41799102769634990/

our township had one kinda like in the pic. my step pap used to pull it with his team of horses back in the day. later on they put rubber tires on it. i used it several times on our 1/4 mile lane. it done a great job, but u just had to have some patience with it.:lol:
carphotos.oldride.com

·
Premium Member
10,122 Posts
Very nice.

They are the cats meow for maintaining a gravel drive.

Color doesn't matter. Just get it dirty and know one will know the difference.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Glad you changed the link BigJim. It was all old cars. I was hoping that’s not what you was dragging behind you

·
Registered
12,618 Posts
Glad you changed the link BigJim. It was all old cars. I was hoping that’s not what you was dragging behind you
so am i:banghead: i was to thumping worked up by someone bringing up the word....................:nunu::mocking:

Reactions: JD4044M
1 - 11 of 11 Posts