Green Tractor Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know this is a crazy long shot but what the heck. I have a Frontier LP1184 Land Plane. This is a 7 foot wide beast. I can pull it with my 1025R but it does occasionally load up enough to break my traction. I can avoid that by tilting the plane in order to just plane with the back cross bar but that is not really utilizing this thing to its full potential. It is also too easy to plane the gravel wider than the actual driveway since it is so far outside the 1025's footprint. So, does anyone have a four or five footer that they would trade me for this seven foot monster?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Wish I did and you lived closer. I've been designing one up to build to pull behind my 3039R. I'm only building mine 72" wide which I thought would be enough. But if your able to pull(for the most part) the 84" with yours, I might step mine up in size. Good luck with your trade!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wish I did and you lived closer. I've been designing one up to build to pull behind my 3039R. I'm only building mine 72" wide which I thought would be enough. But if your able to pull(for the most part) the 84" with yours, I might step mine up in size. Good luck with your trade!
J, I think you would have no problem at pulling an 84. I pulled mine in low range, four wheel with my forks on the loader up front for ballast (my forks are heavier than my bucket) and I kind of listened for the strain in the exhaust note and I would feather the three point up a little bit and not lose traction. When I just flat out pulled the plane without looking back and it filled with a lot of gravel, it could eventually bring me to a standstill. My other option is to just cut this one down to a 4 or 5 foot plane.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I don't have one and was actually going to just build one (I already purchaced 4 caterpiller grader blades new) But i'd possibly be interested in just purchasing you one you are interested in depending on the shape yours is in. I'm in Holland Mi

Thanks

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't have one and was actually going to just build one (I already purchaced 4 caterpiller grader blades new) But i'd possibly be interested in just purchasing you one you are interested in depending on the shape yours is in. I'm in Holland Mi

Thanks
At this point anything is possible. I'd really rather not cut this one down but I am also not able to use it like it is so I just want a more manageable (5 foot) plane.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
If you do narrow it, seriously consider cutting all the extra off one side,,

having it offset like my mower would be really helpful,,,

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #8